Video Can not Be Used by iMovie - Solved!
Convert Unsupported Video File to iMovie Supported MP4 or MOV
I have downloaded one AVI file, but iMovie won't let me drag my AVI file into the video section. I have used iMovie to edit my other video files, Why I can not import AVI this time?
I checked from iMovie official website that iMovie supports MOV file, but why iMovie can not import my MOV file? Can someone give me an answer?
Recently, many users have failed to import their video files to iMovie for editing and their video files are in FLV, WMV, MKV, WMV and some of them even failed to import MOV or MP4 to iMovie. Some users can understand why iMovie can not import FLV, WMV, MKV, WMV, etc, but they can not understand why iMovie can not import MOV or MP4.
Well, iMovie supports MOV and MP4, but with some limitations. If you dig more on iMovie website you will find that iMovie best supports MOV and MP4 with H.264 and MPEG-4 codecs. So you will fail to import your MOV or MP4 to iMovie if they are encoded with non H.264 and non MPEG-4 codec. How to easily get any MOV, MP4, FLV, WMV, MKV, WMV, etc to iMovie for successful editing? Read the following article to get the answer.
iMovie Video Converter - Avdshare Video Converter
- Avdshare Video Converter is just a professional video to iMovie converter with which any unsupported video file can be converted to iMovie best supported MOV or MP4 with H.264 or MPEG-4 codec.
- There is no quality loss during the entire conversion process.
- You can also use this Avdshare Video Converter to convert any unsupported video format to other Apple devices, Android devices, game consoles, smart TVs best supported video formats.
- This Avdshare Video Converter will give 90X faster conversion speed to complete the unsupported video format to iMovie MOV or MP4 conversion.
- This Avdshare Video Converter also works as a very powerful video editing software to edit your AVI, FLV, MKV, etc before the conversion or edit your MOV or MP4 after the conversion.
Guide on Converting MKV, AVI, FLV, WMV, etc to iMovie supported MOV or MP4
You can follow the guide below to convert your MKV, AVI, FLV, WMV, etc to iMovie supported MOV or MP4.
Make Preparation: Free download Video to iMovie Converter
Step 1 Import MKV Video file
Launch this Avdshare Video Converter and then drag and drop your MKV file to this converter. You can also click the Add File button to import your video file to this converter.
Step 2 Specify MP4 H.264 as output
Here, you only need to click the Profile button and choose MP4 H.264 or MOV H.264 in the appearing General Video category.
Step 3 Complete the video to iMovie conversion work
Finally, you only need to click the Convert button to get your video file converted to iMovie best supported MOV or MP4.