Top 5 Methods to Convert MP4 to MP3 on Mac and Windows
Top 5 Best MP4 to MP3 Converters for Windows and Mac
Nowadays, MP4 format file is very easy to be found everywhere, like MP4 recordings from your Android mobile, MP4 downloading from the video sharing website, etc. You may get some MP4 files and interested in its audio files, so you want to extract its audio file as an MP3. Then how to do that? The easiest solution is to convert your MP4 to MP3 and to do that, the following will introduce top 5 methods to convert your MP4 to MP3. Check them as below.
Method One: media.io
media.io is a popular online video editor and one of its main functions is to convert videos. It supports to convert your MP4 video file to MP3 audio file with high audio quality. Besides converting MP4 to MP3, this online converter also supports to convert between 1000+ formats, including MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, MP3, etc. This online converter will give 100% the original file quality as the output file quality. Also, its file editing function is powerful. You can use it to trim, split, rotate, flip your file, add texts or elements, etc to your file. Furthermore, you can use it to compress your file and this media.io will give the best balance between file size and quality.
Now you can follow the guide below to convert your MP4 to MP3.
- Go to media.io official website and then set MP4 format as your Import format and MP3 as your Output format.
- Click Choose Files button to import your MP4 file to this online converter.
- Click the Convert button to start the MP4 to MP3 conversion job.
- When the download work is done, click the Download button to download the converted MP3 file from Dropbox or from Google Drive.
Method Two: VLC Player
We all know that VLC Player is a free media player which can help you to play many kinds of media files, but you can also rely on VLC Player to convert your MP4 to MP3. VLC Player can help you to convert your MP4 to MP3 on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, etc. Also, VLC Player allows you to change your MP3 output file bitrate, sample rate, channels, etc. Do not forget that VLC Player is completely free to use. Follow the steps below to convert your MP4 to MP3.
- After you download, install and start VLC Player, click on Media>Convert/Save... button to bring up Open Media panel.
- Click Add... button to locate your MP4 file and then click Convert/Save button again to go to the Convert panel.
- Choose MP3 output format from the Settings category.
- Click the Browse button to set your file folder and then click the Start button to start and finish your MP4 to MP3 conversion work.
Method Three: Avdshare Video Converter
Avdshare Video Converter is a very powerful desktop MP4 to MP3 converter which can not only convert MP4 to MP3, but also can convert between many video formats and audio formats, like MKV to MP4, FLV to WAV, WMV to AVI, FLV to AVCHD, FLV to OGG, etc. Do not worry about the output quality and this Avdshare Video Converter will lose no quality during the MP4 to MP3 conversion work. This Avdshare Video Converter is a completely ad-free and virus-free software and it can convert your MP4 to MP3 without any ad or virus. Now follow the guide below to convert your MP4 to MP3.
Make Preparation: Free download MP4 to MP3 Converter
Step 1 Import MP4 Video file
Import your MP4 file by clicking the Add File button.
Step 2 Specify MP3 as output
The wanted MP3 output format can be easily selected as the output format by clicking the Profile button>General Audio category.
Step 3 Complete the conversion work
Click the Convert button to complete your MP4 to MP3 conversion work.
Method Four: Use HandBrake
HandBrake is a free and open-source transcoder which supports to convert nearly any format to another needed format or codec and among which converting MP4 to MP3 is included. HandBrake is a multi-platform software and it supports to transcode media files on Windows, Mac and Linux. The converting MP4 to MP3 conversion steps are listed below.
- Launch HandBrake, click Source button and then click Open File button to open your MP4 file.
- Go to Output Settings and select MP3 as a container.
- Click Browse button to set the file folder for the MP3 output file and then click Start button to start and finish your MP4 to MP3 conversion.
Method Five: Use iTunes
The popular iTunes can also work as a media converter to convert your media file as well as work as a media player, media library, etc. If you have got many MP4 music files in iTunes library and only want MP3 file from the MP4 video file the following steps can help you.
- Go to iTunes, Click Music button>Library to find your MP4 file.
- Click Files button and then click Convert button>Create MP3 Version to get your MP4 file converted to MP3 file.
- Search to find the converted MP3 output file.