Top 5 Methods to Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac and Windows
Free and Paid Methods to Easily Convert MKV to MP4 with High Quality
MKV is a popular video container format and is often chosen by users to save videos with subtitles, multiple video or audio streams or chapters. But many users still choose to convert MKV to MP4 to get more convenience in copying, moving, uploading and more important, in playback, since MP4 has got much more playback support from video playing devices or players. So when converting MKV to MP4, a MKV to MP4 converter is used. The following will introduce the top 5 methods voted by users to convert MKV to MP4 and you can choose one from the top 5 ones to meet your own demand for converting MKV to MP4 (Among them there are free MKV to MP4 converter as well as paid ones)
Method One: VLC media player (Free Method to Convert MKV to MP4)
- The widely known feature of VLC media player is its video or audio playback feature.
- Besides, VLC media player can also convert video files and audio files, among which converting MKV to MP4 is supported.
- VLC media player is cross-platform player software which can works on Windows/Mac/Linux/iOS/Android.
- The biggest feature of VLC media player is its free excellent conversion feature which attracts more and more users to use it.
Method Two: Avdshare Video Converter
- Avdshare Video Converter is highly recommended to convert MKV to MP4.
- Avdshare Video Converter will cause no quality loss when converting MKV to MP4.
- Avdshare Video Converter supports to convert between any two video formats, including MKV, AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4, MPG, WTV, AVCHD, VOB, MKV, RMVB, 3GP, etc.
- The better is that Avdshare Video Converter is a 100% clean and safe video converter which supports to convert MKV to MP4 with no sign of ad, virus, plug-in, spyware, redirect, etc.
- Also batch converting MKV to MP4 or other video formats is supported.
Method Three: Freemake Video Converter
- Freemake Video Converter is also recommended to convert MKV to MP4.
- The biggest advantage of Freemake Video Converter is that it is free to use.
- Freemake Video Converter supports to convert video format conversions, audio format conversions and image format conversions and 500+ format conversions in total. T
- he biggest disadvantage of Freemake Video Converter is that it does not have a Mac version and can only serve the Windows users.
- The worse is that Freemake Video Converter does not support to edit video formats.
Method Four: HandBrake
- HandBrake is also a well-known free MKV to MP4 converter with which any MKV file can be easily converted to MP4 format without any quality loss.
- Besides, HandBrake also supports to convert nearly any other format. It is a good option for users who have no higher requirements when converting MKV to MP4.
- But some users reported that the conversion speed or the converted output quality is not what they want.
- So users need to choose it as per their requirement.
Method Five: iDealshare VideoGo
- iDealshare VideoGo has also got much attraction when in need of converting MKV to MP4.
- iDealshare VideoGo supports to convert MKV to MP4 with any codec.
- After importing MKV to this MKV to MP4 converter, iDealshare VideoGo will finish the MKV to MP4 conversion with very fast speed and with the high quality output.
- iDealshare VideoGo also features converting between any two other video formats or audio formats. Except for converting MKV to MP4, iDealshare VideoGo also supports to edit MKV, MP4 or other video formats or any audio format as you want.
- iDealshare VideoGo is just a video and audio converter, editor and player and performs perfect in video and audio conversion, edition and playback, but lacks the video downloading and audio downloading just as other video converters do.