Surface Video Converter for Mac and Windows
Convert MP4, WMV, MKV, FLV, ASF, AVCHD, MOV, AVI, etc to Surface Supported Video Format
Follow Surface video converter step by step guide to convert unsupported video files to Surface Pro 4/3/2/ Pro, Surface RT, etc supported video format like convert MP4 to Surface, convert WMV to Surface, convert MKV to Surface, convert FLV to Surface, convert ASF to Surface, convert AVCHD to Surface, convert MOV to Surface, convert AVI to Surface, etc
Microsoft Surface has been favored since its launch. But there is always one problem confusing many users no matter which version users take, that is, the video playback issue. Generally speaking Microsoft Surface Pro can play the following video formats:
- 3g2, 3gp2, 3gp, 3gpp with codecs or components H.263, H.264 (Baseline, Main, High) and MPEG-4 Part2 SP and ASP
- m4v, mp4v, mp4, mov with codecs or components H.263, H.264 (Baseline, Main, High) and MPEG-4 Part2 SP and ASP
- m2ts with codecs or components H.264
- asf, wmv with codecs or components VC-1 WMV9
- avi with codecs or components MPEG-4 Part2 SP and ASP, Motion-JPG, H.263
So if you want to play a video file which is not on the above supported video list the simplest solution is to convert these unsupported video files to Microsoft Surface supported one, like MP4 H.264.
Surface Video Converter - Avdshare Video Converter
- Avdshare Video Converter, as the most professional Surface Video Converter, supports to convert all unsupported video formats, like MKV, FLV, WMV, ASF, AVI, MP4, etc to all versions of Surface supported MP4 H.264 or other supported video formats.
- Besides Avdshare Video Converter has full capacity in converting between all video formats.
- Better still, this wonderful Avdshare Video Converter is also designed with many splendid video editing functions which can easily help you to edit the video file before importing or after exporting into Avdshare Video Converter.
- It also can convert Wii unsupported audio formats like APE, FLAC, CAF, VOC, QCP, DSS, RA, AU, DTS, True HD etc to Wii support audio format.
Convert Video to Surface Guide
The following step by step guide will take converting the unsupported MKV to Surface supported MP4 H.264 as the example. Also this guide can work to convert other unsupported video formats to Surface supported one or convert between video formats.
Make Preparation: Free download Surface Video Converter
Step 1 Import MKV video
Add MKV file to Avdshare Video Converter by clicking "Add file" button or the dragging and dropping function.
Step 2 Select MP4 H.264 as the exporting format
Click "Profile" button to set MP4 H.264 from the "General Video" category as the exporting format.
Step 3 Edit video files(Optional)
Click "Effect" button to edit your video files before conversion like rotate video 90 degree; 180 degree; crop video black frame, trim video clips; add,extract or remove subtitles/audio tracks, add effect, watermark text or image to video.
Step 4 Convert MKV to Wii MP4 H.264
Click "Convert" button to start and finish converting MKV to MP4 H.264. After the conversion you can play the converted MP4 H.264 on Surface with any problem.
With the help of Avdshare Video Converter you can easily play all video formats, including MP4, MKV, AVI, FLV, ASF, WMV, MOV, 3GP, etc on all versions of Surface, like Surface Pro 4/3/2/ Pro, Surface RT, etc. Of course you can also install different Windows Apps to play the different unsupported video formats, but this way is time and money consuming. With just one software, Avdshare Video Converter, you can get all video playback issues related with all versions of Surface solved.