How to Solve 'MKV File not Playing in VLC Android' Issue?
Convert MKV File to VLC for Android Supported Format on Mac or Windows
It is known to us that Android phone and tablets has bad compatibility with MKV files, so to successfully play MKV files on Android phones and tablets, many users prefer to install a third player supporting to play MKV files on their Android devices to get the MKV file played and among them, the best solution is VLC player which claims to play almost all video and audio format files and of course MKV file format is included. However, even with VLC for Android, it is not always smooth to play MKV files and some users still encounter MKV file pause, only one audio track showing, not opening MKV file after phone system update, MKV choppy playback when playing the MKV file with VLC for Android.
When users face MKV playback issues, first they should check if the MKV file is corrupted or not and if your MKV file can be played on other players. If your MKV file is corrupted you should seek help from a MKV Recovery, but the chance is very small. And if your MKV file can be played on other players, then the biggest chance is that the MKV codec incompatibility caused the playback failure on VLC for Android.
Theoretically, VLC for Android can play any video format and audio format which can be played on their desktop version, but MKV is a container format and among all the wrapped codecs, H.264 codec is the most acceptable one, so users may face playback issues to play MKV files with other codecs. Solution? The most feasible solution is to use an MKV to VLC for Android converter - Avdshare Video Converter to convert the MKV file to MKV H.264, MP4 H.264, MPEG-2, etc for the smooth playback.
Key Features of Avdshare Video Converter
- Convert any MKV file to MKV H.264, MP4 H.264, MPEG-2, AVI etc to ensure the compatible MKV playback on VLC for Android devices.
- Convert other unaccepted video formats, like RMVB, FLV, WTV, ASF, etc to VLC for Android devices supported video formats for the compatible playback.
- Except for resolving MKV playback issue with VLC for Android, VLD desktop version , this MKV to VLC for Android converter also supports to convert any unsupported video format to any device, like iPhone, iPad, etc, any player, like Windows Media Player, QuickTime, etc or any program best supported video formats.
- Support to convert any video format to another one for any playback, editing or offline archive purpose.
- The fast conversion speed applies to converting MKV to VLC for Android, or any video format to any device and player conversion process.
- Zero quality loss will give to the exported output file.
- Support to batch converting MKV to VLC for Android, or any video format to another one.
Guide on Converting MKV to VLC for Android
The following guide will work to convert any MKV file to VLC for Android supported MKV H.264, MP4 H.264, MPEG-2, etc.
Free download MKV to VLC for Android Converter - Avdshare Video Converter
Step 1 Import the MKV
First, click the "Add file" button from the main panel to add the MKV video to Avdshare Video Converter. The drag and drop feature also works to add the MKV video to this MKV to VLC for Android converter.
Step 2 Output the MP4 H.264
Then, click the "Profile" button to choose MP4 H.264 from the General Video category as the final output format to meet your needs.
Step 3 Start conversion
Finally, click the "Convert" button to complete the MKV to VLC for Android supported video format conversion.