How to Play HEVC Video on Roku 4, Roku 3, Roku TV, etc?
HEVC to Roku Converter - Convert HEVC to Roku Supported Video Formats
Roku means a series of digital media player set-top boxes which can simply stream videos to your TV. Besides, Roku Media Player also has the ability in playing your personal video file stored on your USB or on your local area network. But many users have failed to play HEVC on Roku. So questions like 'can Roku play HEVC?' or 'how to play HEVC on Roku?' are raised in many Google forums. Now the following article will answer the above two questions in a detailed way.
Can Roku Play HEVC?
Well, it depends on what Roku device you are using.
- For Roku 4, it can only play HEVC with MKV, MP4, MOV formats.
- For Roku Premier, Premier+, Ultra, theoretically it can't. Because these devices can only support to play H.264 videos.
- For Roku 3, theoretically it can't. Because Roku 3 can only play H.264 with MKV, MP4 and MOV formats.
- For Roku TV, theoretically it can't. Because Roku TV only support to play MKV H.262 video.
But in practice sometimes users will find the Roku devices that do not support to play HEVC successfully play HEVC videos. That is because these Roku devices play your personal videos by accessing some DLNA media servers, like Plex, Serviio, etc. And these media servers have the ability in automatically converting the unsupported video format to your Roku device supported video format.
How to Play HEVC on All Roku Devices?
To make sure that any HEVC video can be successfully played on your Roku device, the easiest way is to use a professional HEVC to Roku converter to convert the unsupported HEVC video to Roku supported video format. Besides, you also need to make sure that your HEVC file is not a DRM-protected video file. Avdshare Video Converter is just the professional HEVC to Roku converter that you need.
Key Features of Avdshare Video Converter
- Convert any unsupported HEVC to your Roku 4 supported MKV, MP4, MOV with HEVC codec, and to your Roku TV supported MKV H.262, and to your Roku 3 supported H.264 and to your Roku Premier, Premier+, Ultra supported H.264.
- Convert any other unsupported FLV, AVI, WMV, ASF, WTV, MKV, MP4, MOV, VP8, DivX, XviD, VP9, etc to any Roku device supported video format and codec.
- Convert any unsupported video format or codec to iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android, PSP, Zune, Xbox, Smart TV supported video format and codec.
- Convert any video format or codec to another one.
- Edit HEVC, MP4, H.264, MOV, or any other video format or codec.
Guide on Converting HEVC to Roku
The following converting HEVC to Roku 3 supported H.264 guide can also work to convert HEVC to other Roku devices supported video format and codec.
Make Preparation: Free download HEVC to Roku Converter
Step 1 Add HEVC file
Click the "Add file" button to upload one or more HEVC files to Avdshare Video Converter. Or directly drag and drop the HEVC file(s) to Avdshare Video Converter.
Step 2 Targeted output format setting
Choose MP4 H.264 as your output format by clicking "Profile" button > "General Video" category.
Step 3 Start the conversion
Click "Convert" button to finish your conversion process from HEVC to Roku 3 supported MP4 H.264.