How to Play HEVC File on Mac?
Method One: Install HEVC player;Method Two: Convert HEVC to MP4, MOV
HEVC is abbreviation of High Efficiency Video Coding and also known as H.265. HEVC files are easily available on internet due to its many advantages, so you have a big chance to get HEVC files, but one problem reported by users is that HEVC files can not be played on Mac. Now the following article just shares two most adopted methods to help you to play HEVC files on your Mac.
Method One: Install another HEVC player
The Mac default QuickTime player can not play HEVC files, but we can play HEVC files on Mac by installing and running another HEVC player. VLC player and Avdshare Video Converter are two recommended HEVC players users often use. One thing is that download the VLC player and DivX player from their official websites.
Method Two: Convert HEVC to MOV or MP4
HEVC files are not well supported by Mac QuickTime player, but we can use a professional HEVC to Mac converter to convert the HEVC file to Mac QuickTime player preferred video format, such as MOV MPEG-4. And then playing the converted MOV MPEG-4 on Mac will have no any incompatibility issue.
Avdshare Video Converter is recommended as the best HEVC to Mac converter and you can use Avdshare Video Converter to get a lot of conversion work done perfectly, like
- Converting all HEVC files, like MP4 HEVC, AVI HEVC, MOV HEVC, MKV HEVC, 3GPP HEVC, etc to QuickTime preferred MOV MPEG-4.
- Converting all HEVC files to H.264, VPB, VP9, DivX, XviD, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MPEG-1 and any other codec file.
- Converting all HEVC files to iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android, Samsung, PSP, Zune, Xbox 360, Smart TVs supported video format.
- Directly playing HEVC, H.264, etc on Mac or Windows.
- Converting any video file to H.264, MP4 or converting between any two video files.
- Editing HEVC, H.264, MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, etc as well as converting HEVC files.
Guide on converting HEVC to Mac
The converting HEVC to Mac QuickTime player preferred MOV MPEG-4 guide is provided as follows.
Make Preparation: Free download HEVC to Mac Converter
Step 1 Import HEVC files
Click "Add file" button to import HEVC file to Avdshare Video Converter. You can also drag and drop HEVC file to Avdshare Video Converter.
Step 2 Targeted output format setting
Select MOV MPEG-4 as the output format by clicking "Profile" button > "General Video" category.
Step 3 Start the HEVC conversion
Click "Convert" button to complete converting HEVC to MOV MPEG-4 video format.
There are other methods to playing HEVC files on Mac, like installing HEVC codec to Mac, etc, but the above two methods are the easiest ones and the most recommended methods.