Convert MXF to Final Cut Pro Apple ProRes
Import MXF to Final Cut Pro/Final Cut Pro X/Final Cut Express
How to Import MXF to FCP?
Many users may complain about the difficulty to import MXF to FCP. "I have tried many times to import my MXF files into FCP X, but always ended in failure." "I always encounter problems when trying to import MXF to Final Cut Pro directly, it seems that I need a MXF plugin for importing to Final Cut Pro, but I cannot find a proper plugin that does work." In order to easily import MXF to Final Cut Pro, the best way is to convert MXF to Apple ProRes codec, which is native codec for Final Cut Pro. By converting MXF to Apple ProRes, you can straightly import MXF to FCP without troublesome plugins.
MXF to Final Cut Pro Converter - AvdshareVideo Converter
- Avdshare Video Converter is a professional converter that can meet your various needs for converting audio or video format.It can easily and batch convert MXF files to Final Cut Pro supported Apple ProRes.
- Aside from converting MXF to FCP video format, the guidance above also applies to convert MXF to MOV, MP4, AVI, WMV, ASF, MPG, VOB, MPG, FLV and etc.
- It even applies to convert other videos like AVCHD, MOD, TOD, AVI, and MPEG etc to FCP format.
- It can achieve conversion between various audio/video formats.
- Moreover, Avdshare Video Converter itself is a remarkable audio/video editor. You can do whatever effects you want such as trim, crop, effect, merge and so on.
Directions to Convert MXF to Apple ProRes
Step 1 Add MXF Footage to Avdshare Video Converter
Locate the MXF footage which you struggle to import to Final Cut Pro previously, and then simply drag and drop MXF to Avdshare Video Converter.Or click "Add file" button to load the MXF footage you want to convert.
Step 2 Select Apple ProRes as output video format
Click the "Profile" drop-down list to select Final Cut Pro compatible video format like ‘ProRes - Apple ProRes codec(*.mov) from "HD Video".
Step 3 Convert MXF to Apple ProRes
Click the big "Convert" button to start and finish converting MXF video to Final Cut Pro more supported format Apple ProRes.
Import MXF to Final Cut Pro
After converting MXF to Final Cut Pro compatible format, launch FCP and import MXF to Final Cut Pro by clicking on the File > Import > files or by right-click in the event library and select import in the pop-up window, or by pressing the keyboard shortcut Shift+Command+I.
MXF, short for Material eXchange Format, is a container or wrapper format, which is used by professional camcorders like Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2 502, HVX200 and Canon XF300/XF305 to store video, audio, and programmed data. It brings people a lot of convenience as well as causes incompatibility issue. Many people may encounter problems when importing MXF to audio, video editor like professional program Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Final Cut Pro Express, since MXF is not supported by FCP.
With Avdshare Video Converter, it is that easy to import MXF to Final Cut Pro, X, Express.