Convert MVI to WMV, MP4, AVI, FLV, MOV, MKV, MPEG etc
MVI Converter - Convert Cannon MVI on Mac or Windows
The software recommended in this article is designed for converting any video format, and MVI format is included. With this MVI converter, you can convert Cannon MVI to AVI, WMV, MP4, MOV, MPEG, MKV, VOB, FLV, DV, etc. as well as transfer MVI clips to any portable devices or editors.
- Convert MVI to any video like MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, DV, AVCHD, MPEG, FLV, MTV, M2TS, MTS, AMV, 3GP, WMV, RMVB, etc.
- Transfer MVI to any movie editor like Windows Movie Maker, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Pinnacle Studio, Adobe Premier Pro, Sony Vegas, etc.
- Convert MVI and import to any portable devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung, Blackberry, HTC, PSP, PS3, Xbox, Zune, etc.
- Compress MVI and make them small enough to be emailed or uploaded or inserted to PPT.
- Convert MVI to any audio format like MID, MP3, WAV, WMA, RA, OGG, FLAC, AAC, APE, MPC, AC3, CDA, M4A, MKA, MP2, MPA, OFR, DTS, etc.
- Edit MVI videos like trim or crop, merge or split, add watermark, add special effect, edit subtitle, define audio track, customize resolution, specify ratio aspect, rotate videos, etc.
- Mac version and Windows version are both available.
Guide to Convert MVI
Please follow the step-by-step tutorials on how to convert MVI with Avdshare Video Converter.
Make Preparation: Free download MVI converter
Step 1 Load MVI files
Easily drag and drop MVI file or batch load multiple MVI files to this interface, and you can also simply click "Add File" button to import MVI video file.
Step 2 Define the output video format
Click "Profile" button, and in the pop-up window, define the output video format. A plenty of video formats are ready for you to choose, like MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, DV, AVCHD, MPEG, FLV, MTV, M2TS, MTS, AMV, 3GP, WMV, RMVB, etc. The HD video formats are also available.
- To edit MVI in Windows Movie Maker or DVD Creator, please choose the output format as AVI.
- To import MVI files in Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere Pro, select the output format as MPEG-2.
- To insert MVI to iMovie, define the output format as MOV.
Step 3 Start conversion
Click the BIG ROUND button at the right bottom side, and start MVI conversion process. After several minutes, you will get your desired video format.
What is MVI?
MVI (Musical Video Interactive), is a DVD based video format, which can pack various audio, video or visual content, etc. The videos recorded with Canon PowerShot digital cameras are in MVI format, with a name beginning with "MVI_." In fact, the MVI clips are actually Motion-JPEG/H.264 encoded video with .AVI or .MOV as file extension. The MVI files have high video quality like1280x720 or full HD 1920x1080.
Why Convert MVI?
When you export MVI files from your IXUS 1000 HS, PowerShot Elph 500 HS, PowerShot SX 200IS, PowerShot SD 780IS and many other Canon cameras, you may find they can’t be played on your media player or edited with your media editor. The reason is that these MVI_xxx.avi, MVI_xxx.mov or xxx.mvi files are incompatible to many software or app. This problem brings much inconvenience, thus converting MVI files to more compatible video format become necessary.