MTS M2TS to ProRes Converter for Mac/PC
Convert MTS/M2TS to ProRes to Edit MTS/M2TS in Final Cut Pro
Why FCP Can Only Import Some AVCHD MTS/M2TS?
FCP supports to import many video files from your recording device, iMovie and other devices or applications.
Besides, FCP can also support to import AVCHD MTS/M2TS format (including AVCCAM, AVCHD Lite and NXCAM) from many cameras or camcorders.
But please note that it is from many cameras or camcorders, not all of them, so you may encounter failure when importing AVCHD MTS/M2TS file to Final Cut Pro from some cameras or camcorders, including Panasonic, Sony, Canon, JVC, Nikon, Olympus, etc.
So how to avoid this kind of failure but to successfully import all AVCHD MTS/M2TS files to FCP for editing? Beyond all doubt, converting AVCHD MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes which is specially developed by Apple for edition can efficiently fix this failure. To convert the unsupported AVCHD MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes, a professional AVCHD MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes converter, like Avdshare Video Converter is what you need.
MTS/M2TS to ProRes Converter
- Convert all the unsupported AVCHD MTS/M2TS from all cameras or camcorders to Apple ProRes 4444 XQ, Apple ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 HQ, Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes 422 LT, Apple ProRes 422 Proxy with the highest conversion speed.
- Convert all other unsupported video formats, like FLV, ASF, WMV, MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, etc to FCP supported Apple ProRes.
- Edit AVCHD MTS/M2TS, FLV, ASF, WMV, MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, etc before importing into Avdshare Video Converter or edit Apple ProRes after the exporting.
- Convert between all video formats, including MP4, AVI, WMV, ASF, MKV, MOV, FLV, etc.
- Batch MTS to ProRes, M2TS to ProRes conversion is available.
Guide on Converting AVCHD MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes
You can follow the converting AVCHD MTS to Apple ProRes step by step guide below to convert the unsupported AVCHD MTS/M2TS, FLV, ASF, WMV, MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, etc to Apple ProRes or convert between video formats.
Make Preparation: Free download MTS/M2TS to ProRes Converter
Step 1 Import MTS video
First transfer the MTS file from your camera or camcorder to your computer. Second simply drag and drop the unsupported MTS file to Avdshare Video Converter. You can also try to click "Add file" button to add the unsupported MTS file to Avdshare Video Converter.
Step 2 Select Apple ProRes as the output format
Click "Profile" button to set Apple ProRes from the "HD Video" category as the output format.
Step 3 Convert MTS to ProRes
Click "Convert" button to complete the converting MTS to ProRes. And then you can successfully import the converted ProRes to all versions of Final Cut Pro for editing.
MTS/M2TS is also a good video format for editing and is generally supported by many video editing softwares, but FCP is developed by Apple and Apple also develops the special codec, that is, Apple PreRes, to match with its FCP. So if we choose FCP we also need to accept the inconvenience brought by FCP. But with the help of Avdshare Video Converter we can easily overcome this kind of inconvenience and only benefit from FCP.