How to Play MP4 on Windows Media Player?
MP4 to Windows Media Player Converter - Convert MP4 to WMP Video Format
Windows Media Player 12 claims to support MP4 container format, but there are still problems happening when playing MP4 in Windows Media Player 12. Let us see some of the problems found on Google forum:
MP4 files were working fine on Windows Media Player 12 but since yesterday every MP4 file could not played on Windows Media Player 12 again. Very upset.
Up until recently I was able to play MP4 on Windows Media Player 12 but today I can only get volume not the picture followed.
When I try to play MP4 on Windows Media Player 12, I always get the error message: 'Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.'
There are many unsuccessful examples for playing MP4 on Windows Media Player 12.
So how to successfully play MP4 on Windows Media Player 12/11/10/9/XP/7? This article will offer 2 methods as follows:
Method 1: Install DirectShow-compatible MPEG-4 decoder packs. But this method costs much and drags your computer slowly.
Method 2: You can download a third-party MP4 to Windows Media Player converter - Avdshare Video Converter to convert MP4 to all versions of Windows Media Player more supported WMV, AVI, MPG or ASF. This method costs less and provides an efficient MP4 to Windows Media Player WMV, AVI, MPG or ASF conversion process.
MP4 to WMP Converter - Avdshare Video Converter
- Convert MP4 to Windows Media Player more compatilbe video format like convert MP4 to WMV, MP4 to AVI, MP4 to MPG, MP4 to ASF.
- Besides converting MP4 to Windows Media Player more supported video format, Avdshare Video Converter can also convert FLV, WEBM, H.265, MOV, VOB, Prores, MTS, MXF, etc to all versions of Windows Media Player.
- Convert Windows Media Player unsupported audio files to Windows Media Player more supported WMA like convert FLAC, M4A, ALAC, APE, OGG, RA, AU etc to WMA.
- Edit MP4 or other video formats before the conversion process.
- Directly play MP4 or other media files or convert between any video or audio formats.
Convert MP4 to Windows Media Player
You can follow the guide below to convert MP4 to Windows Media Player More SupportedAVI, MPG, WMV or ASF.
Make Preparation: Free download MP4 to Windows Media Player Converter
Step 1 Import MP4 files
Click "Add file" button to import MP4 file(s) to Avdshare Video Converter. Dragging and dropping the MP4 file to Avdshare Video Converter is supported.
Step 2 Set WMP supported video format as the Final Exporting Format
Click "Profile" button and select AVI, MPG, WMV or ASF as the final exporting format.
Step 3 Convert MP4 to Windows Media Player More Supported Format
Click "Convert" button to finish converting MP4 to Windows Media Player more supported video formats. And then you can transfer the converted video WMV or ASF to Windows Media Player for playing.