Convert MOV to iMovie supported MP4, MOV
Solve can’t Import MOV to iMovie to Edit MOV in iMovie
iMovie has won good reputation for its convenience and simple usage. It is welcomed by all Mac users for home movie making. Sometimes you may be confused why some MOV files can be imported and edited successfully in iMovie, while some MOV files cannot be edited in iMovie, even cannot be imported to iMovie. In such cases, you need one powerful MOV to iMovie Converter to help you solve "can't import MOV to iMovie" issue. We highly recommend Avdshare Video Converter.
Why can’t import MOV to iMovie?
It is normal that you can edit some MOV files in iMovie but can’t edit some other MOV files. iMovie does support importing and editing MOV movie files. However, it is import to realize MOV is a container, not a codec. It only supports some .mov file which is encoded with DV, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, or AIC. If the MOV video is encoded with iMovie unsupported codec, you will fail to import this kind of MOV into iMovie for editing.
How to Import MOV to iMovie?
Convert MOV to iMovie supported video format with Avdshare Video Converter, and thus we can easily solve "can't import MOV to iMovie" issue and will be able to successfully import MOV with various codec to iMovie for editing.
MOV to iMovie Converter - Avdshare Video Converter
- Convert various MOV files whatever from some video editing software, or from different cameras, or have different codec inside MOV to iMovie supported MP4 or MOV
- Besiding converting MOV to iMovie, it also convert FLV, AVI, MP4, AVCHD, WMV, MPG, MXF, RMVB, WTV, etc to iMovie video format.
- Edit MOV or any video before converting it like trim, crop, rotate, merge, compress, split, increase audio volume, watermark, subtitles etc.
- Convert other videos to MOV video format.
- Convert MOV to other video formats like ProRes for Final Cut Pro, convert MOV to AVI or WMV for Windows Media Player, convert MOV to FLV, DV for Adobe etc.
- This best MOV to iMovie Converter is compatible with all Mac OS X, including 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard.
Convert MOV to iMovie Guide
The following is a step by step guide on how to convert MOV video files to iMovie supported format on Mac OS X. It also applies to convert other videos to iMovie or convert MOV to other video or audio formats. With a few clicks, you will achieve editing MOV in iMovie.
Make Preparation: Free download MOV to iMovie Converter
Step 1 Import MOV video to Avdshare Video Converter
Click "Add file" button to import MOV video(s) to Avdshare Video Converter or simply drag and drop MOV video to Avdshare Video Converter.
Step 2 Select MP4 as exporting format and set destination
Click the "Profile" drop-down list to select 'MP4 MPEG-4 Video(*.mp4)' from the "General Video" category.
Click the "Browse..." button to set the destination where the converted MOV files will be.
Step 3 Convert MOV to MP4
Click "Convert" button to start and finish converting MOV to iMovie supported video format.
Import converted MOV to iMovie
After the MOV to iMovie format conversion is finished, launch iMovie, from the "File" menu, choose Import > Movies... to navigate to the folder that the converted MOV videos are saved. Select the files and click "Import". Finally, simply edit MOV in iMovie!
What is iMovie?
iMovie is a video editing software application, to which users can import video and photo files for editing. With iMovie, users can edit the photos and video clips and add titles, themes, music, and effects, including basic color correction and video enhancement tools and transitions such as fades and slides.