MKV to MOV Converter
Convert MKV to QuickTime MOV and Convert MOV to MKV, MP4
MKV is an open and free container format and is free to use for everyone. But MKV can not be played natively on your PC. You need to install DirectShow parser filter or Perian on your Windows or Mac to make it played in your Windows Media Player or QuickTime player. Actually we can play MKV on Windows or Mac easily by converting MKV to Windows or Mac supported video format. And the following article will just focus on converting MKV to QuickTime supported MOV.
MKV to MOV Converter - Avdshare Video Converter
Mac does not have a built-in converter to help us to convert MKV to MOV, so we need a third MKV to MOV converter to help us. As we know that Avdshare Video Converter, as the most professional MKV to MOV converter, stands itself out due to its following features:
- Convert all MKV files encoded with any codec to MOV for playing MKV on QuickTime, iPhone, iPad, iPod, iTunes or editing MKV in FCP X, iMovie, etc.
- Convert MKV to MP4, AVI, FLV,WMV, ASF, etc for playing MKV in Windows Media Player, Android, PSP, etc.
- Convert all video formats to MKV for storing high definition video.
- Convert between any two video formats.
- Edit MKV,MOV or any other video format: merge, rotate, trim, split, etc, change video codec, sample rate, frame rate, bit rate, volume, etc, remove or add subtitles, logo, watermark, etc to video file.
How to Convert MKV to MOV with Avdshare Video Converter?
The following converting MKV to MOV guide can help you to convert any MKV to MOV. Also the guide applies to convert MKV to other video formats.
Make Preparation: Free download MKV to MOV Converter
Step 1 Import MKV files
Click "Add file" button to import MKV or directly drag and drop MKV to Avdshare Video Converter.
Step 2 Targeted output format setting
Click "Profile" button to select MOV from the "General Video" category as the targeted output format.
Tips: If you want to edit MKV in FCP X select ProRes Apple ProRes Codec (＊.mov) from the "HD Video" category as your output format, because Apple ProRes codec is the most supported codec by FCP X.
Step 3 Start the MKV to MOV conversion
Click "Convert" button to complete converting MKV to MOV
More About MKV
When we play a video the video includes at least one video stream and one audio stream in which case we need a container to pack these video stream and audio stream into one single file and that is what a container format, like MKV is used for. Compared with some other container formats, such as MOV, MKV is an open container format and is a good choice to store HD videos.