How to Import Sony Handycam Video to iMovie?
Convert Sony Handycam to iMovie Supported Format to Import to iMovie
Hanycam is one Sony brand for its camcorders. Sony Hanycam camcorders are widely used among many video fans and some video professionals. But many Hanycam users are complaining that their Hanycam recorded videos sometimes fail to be imported into iMovie for editing. Why this failure happen and how to fix the failure? Read on to get the answers.
Why iMovie Can not Import Some Hanycam Videos?
Well, iMovie supports to directly import the videos from some Sony cameras and camcorders, but not all. And iMovie does not support to directly import the videos from most of Hanycam camcorders. And if users transfer the Hanycam recorded videos to computers and then import the Hanycam recorded videos from computers to iMovie, they should take the Hanycam recorded video formats under consideration. Well, Hanycam has been developed with many camcorder models and each model may record video formats different from the ones recorded by other models and among all Hanycam recorded video formats, only some formats are accepted if you transfer the video to iMovie from the computer for editing. I will list some Hanycam models recorded video formats below in order to explain this to you.
- AX1 4K Professional Handycam records videos in XAVC S format MPEG4-AVC/H264.
- CX405 Handycam records videos in AVCHD MPEG4-AVC/H.264, MP4 MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 and XAVC S MPEG4-AVC/H264.
- AX100 4K Expert Handycam records videos in AVCHD MPEG4-AVC/H.264, MP4 MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 and XAVC S MPEG4-AVC/H264.
And among all the recorded video formats by the above three Handycam camcorders, MP4 MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 normally has no problem when importing to iMovie for editing, most AVCHD MPEG4-AVC/H.264 are also accepted by iMovie while XAVC S MPEG4-AVC/H264 is normally refused by iMovie for editing.
How to Fix 'not Importing Some Handycam Videos to iMovie '?
To successfully import the unsupported Handycam videos to iMovie, we need to use a professional Sony Handycam to iMovie converter to convert the Handycam unsupported video formats to iMoive supported video formats, such as MOV H.264. Among all Sony Handycam to iMovie converters, Avdshare Video Converter is voted as most users' first choice due to its following advanced features:
- Convert any unsupported Handycam recorded video to iMovie supported video formats.
- Convert other Sony cameras and camcorders recorded video formats to iMoive supported ones.
- Convert the recorded videos by Canong, Panasonic, Casio, JVC, Sanyo, Cisco, Fujifilm, Olympus, etc to iMoive recorded video formats.
- Convert the unsupported FLV, WMV, AVI, MKV, ASF, WTV, WEBM, etc to iMovie supported video formats.
- Convert any unsupported video formats to FCP, iPhone, iPad, iPod, QuickTime, Sony Vegas, Windows Media Player, PSP, Zune, Roku supported video formats.
- Convert video formats from any one to another one.
Guide on Converting Handycam to iMovie
Follow the guide below to convert any Handycam video to iMovie supported one.
Make Preparation: Free download Sony Handycam to iMovie Converter
Step 1 Upload Sony Handycam file
First transfer the Sony Handycam recorded video to your computer, launch this Sony Handycam to iMovie converter and then click the "Add file" button to import the Sony Handycam recorded video to this Sony Handycam to iMovie converter.
Step图 convert-xavc s mpeg-4-to-mov h.264-mac.jpg
Alt=Convert XAVC S MPEG4-AVC/H264 to MOV H.264 on Mac
Step 2 Targeted output format setting
Choose MOV H.264 as your output format by clicking "Profile" button > "General Video" category.
Step 3 Start the conversion
The unsupported Sony Handycam video to iMovie conversion work can be soon completed after the "Convert" button is clicked.