iMovie Video Converter – Convert Video to iMovie Supported Format
What Video Format Does iMovie Accept and Support?
iMovie works very well to edit your video file on your Mac, iPhone and iPad and it supports you to import your video file from your digital camcorder or from your computer. Sometimes, you failed to import your video file to iMovie for editing due to your unsupported video format, so you had better check if your video format is one of iMovie supported video formats.
What Video Formats Does iMovie Support?
From Apple official website, we can learn that usually the relatively newer iMovie versions can support the following video formats, H.264, H.265, AIC, ProRes, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MJPEG, MP4, MOV, M4V, DV, HDV, AVCHD, XAVC, XAVCS, and iFrame, but we can not make sure that any above video format file can fully work with iMovie. Among all these above video formats, MP4 and MOV in H.264 and MPEG-4 codecs are preferred by iMovie and normally have no incompatibility issue with iMovie. So you should know why in some cases your video format is on iMovie supported format list, but still can not be imported to it for successful editing.
How to Solve Unsupported Video Format for iMovie?
If you have iMovie unsupported video formats, like FLV, MKV, etc or you failed to import video files file to iMovie, you can convert the unsupported video format to iMovie preferred MOV or MP4 with H.264 or MPEG-4 codec.
iMovie Video Converter - Avdshare Video Converter
- Avdshare Video Converter is just designed for this purpose. With Avdshare Video Converter, you can easily convert your unsupported video format to iMovie best supported MOV or MP4 for the successful video editing work in iMovie.
- Also, this converter supports to convert your video format to iMovie MP4 or MOV with no quality loss and with super high conversion speed.
- You can batch convert many of your video formats to iMovie MP4 or MOV.
- Besides solve iMovie incompatibility issues, this converter also helps to solve any other video format incompatibility issue by video format converting at your will.
- You can also edit your video format before the conversion with video editing functions: Trim, Rotate, Split, Merge, Subtitles, Logo, Watermark, etc.
Guide on Converting Video Format to iMovie MP4 or MOV
The following guide works to easily convert your video file to iMovie best supported MOV or MP4.
Make Preparation: Free download iMovie Converter
Step 1 Import your video file
Here, you need to import your video file to this converter. You can click the Add File button or use the Drag&Drop feature to import your video file to this converter.
Step 2 Specify MP4 H.264 as output format
Here, you can specify iMovie best supported MP4 H.264, MOV H.264, etc as the output format by clicking the Profile button>General Audio category.
Step 3 Complete the conversion work
You can start your video format file to iMovie MP4 or MOV conversion and wait for the conversion completion patiently.