How to Solve 'MKV not Showing on Plex' Problem?
MKV to Plex Converter - Convert MKV to Plex Supported MP4
Nowadays, many people like to use Plex to stream their favorite media files on their devices. Plex can be used on many devices, like Amazon Alexa, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, PSP, Chromecast, etc. However, some people encountered MKV file not showing in Plex issue and they want to search for a solution and is there? The answer is Yes. The following article just shares the easiest solution to successfully playing any MKV file on Plex as well as explains why you had MKV file not showing in Plex issue. Check below.
Why MKV File not Showing in Plex?
Normally, Plex supports to play all common media files and of course MKV format is included. But still, there are some people who had MKV not showing in Plex issues. The reason behind is that on which device you used Plex. From the above, we know that Plex can be installed on many devices and if your MKV file can be smoothly played through Plex depends on what device you use Plex. If your device can fully support MKV format and definitely you will have no problem in playing your MKV file through Plex and vice versa.
Some people may have the doubt and they may say that they can play MKV file through Plex on their device, but their device can not fully support MKV format. I must say that you are lucky and Plex has automatically transcode the unsupported MKV format to your device supported video format, by which you will have a smooth MKV file playback on Plex. But Plex transcoding is not working all the time and in some cases Plex failed to transcode the unsupported MKV format to your device supported video format and then you will get MKV not showing issue in Plex. Then how to solve that? In this case,you will need help from a professional MKV to Plex converter to convert the unsupported MKV format to your device best supported video formats, such as MP4 H.264.
MKV to Plex Converter - Avdshare Video Converter
- Avdshare Video Converter is just the professional MKV to Plex converter with which any MKV file can be easily converted to any device best supported MP4 H.264 to allow you to smoothly play your MKV file on your device through Plex.
- You get no quality loss during the MKV to Plex MP4 H.264 conversion process.
- Besides, this converter also supports to convert other unsupported WMV, AVCHD, RMVB, F4V, WTV, 3GP, etc to your device best supported MP4 H.264 or other supported video formats.
- Super high conversion speed is provided to convert your MKV file to Plex MP4 H.264.
- Also, this converter supports to convert any unsupported video format to any device or player best supported video formats and the supported devices and players include iPhone,iPad, iPod, Android, PSP, Zune, Roku, Xbox, Windows Media Player, QuickTime, etc.
Guide on Converting MKV to Plex MP4 H.264
You can follow the guide below to convert your MKV file to Plex best supported MP4 H.264.
Make Preparation: Free download MKV to Plex Converter
Step 1 Import MKV Video file
Click the Add File button to import your MKV file to this converter. You can also drag and drop the MKV file to this converter.
Step 2 Specify MP4 H.264 as output format
Plex best supported MP4 H.264 can be easily chosen as the output format after you click the Profile button>General Video category.
Step 3 Complete the MKV to Plex MP4 H.264 conversion work
You can complete MKV to Plex MP4 H.264 conversion work after you click the Convert button.