How to Solve MKV No Sound on VLC?
MKV to VLC Converter - Convert Any MKV to VLC More Supported Video Format
I downloaded one MKV movie file and when I put this MKV in VLC player for playback I failed to get the MKV audio and got the message 'VLC does not support the audio or video format and there is no way for you to fix this'.
I have no problem in playing my video file in VLC before, but it is different to play MKV file. I only got the image, but no sound comes out of the MKV file. Why? Any solution?
VLC, as a powerful universal player, has helped many users with their video file playing work. VLC claims to play almost all video files with any video format, but in practice, users often encounter video playback issue. For example, users sometimes can not get the audio when playing MKV on VLC, although MKV is on VLC supported file format list.
Why MKV File No Sound on VLC?
Well, many factors could cause no sound when playing MKV file on VLC, like your corrupted MKV video file, your muting audio on VLC, virus interrupting your computer, etc, but among which, 99% users have reported that the unsupported codec in MKV file caused the no sound problem. If you are one of the 99% users you can read the following part to get your problem solved.
Solution to 'MKV No Sound on VLC'
MKV is one of VLC supported file format, but it does not mean VLC support to play any wrapped audio codec well. To get this issue easily solved, a widely used solution is to convert the MKV file to VLC more supported MP4 H.264, to get which job done, a professional MKV to VLC converter named Avdshare Video Converter is highly recommended.
MKV to VLC Converter - Avdshare Video Converter
- Convert any MKV file with difficultly handled audio codec to VLC more supported MP4 H.264 without any quality loss.
- Convert other video formats which have playback issue in VLC, like AVI, FLV, AVCHD, etc to VLC more supported video formats.
- Solve any video file no sound issue, including MP4, AVI, FLV, ASF, WMV, etc by converting the video file to any device, player or program more supported other video formats.
- Convert any unsupported video format to iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android, Windows Media Player, QuickTime or any other video device or player best supported video formats.
- The fastest conversion speed is provided to convert MKV to VLC or any video format to any video device or program more supported video formats.
- Any two video format conversion is well supported and the supported video formats include but not limit to AVI, WMV, MKV, ASF, AVCHD, FLV, MP4, M4V, 3GP, WTV, etc.
Guide on Converting MKV to VLC MP4 H.264
The following guide will help to easily convert any MKV to VLC more supported MP4 H.264
Make Preparation: Free download MKV to VLC Converter - Avdshare Video Converter
Free download the MKV to VLC Video Converter- Avdshare Video Converter (for Windows, for Mac) , install and launch it, then the following interface will pop up.
Step 1 Load MKV video file
First, click the "Add file" button to import any MKV file to this MKV to VLC converter interface.
Step 2 Choose MP4 H.264 as output format
Then, click the "Profile" button to select VLC supported MP4 H.264 or other video formats from the General Video category.
Step 3 Convert MKV to VLC MP4 H.264
Finally, click the "Convert" button to start and enable MKV to VLC MPEG-2 conversion easily completed.