How to Solve MKV No Sound on Mac?
MKV to Mac Converter - Convert MKV to Mac QuickTime Supported MP4/MOV
Now recently many users have complained that their MKV files have no sound when they play MKV files on their Mac computers and they searched a lot trying to find a solution. Now the following article just explains what caused MKV no sound on Mac and how to successfully play any MKV file on Mac computers.
Why MKV no Sound on Mac?
Well, MKV is not a native format supported by Mac QuickTime player and theoretically, MKV can not be opened on Mac computers. But some available QuickTime components, such as Perian, have made opening MKV on Mac computers a possibility. However, Perian can only change the MKV format to another format, but can not change the MKV wrapped audio codecs. For some MKV files, they contain Dolby-AC3 or DTS audio codecs which are not supported by Mac QuickTime players even after using Perian adjusting the MKV format to Mac supported MOV format. What is worse is that the QuickTime Components can not work in a stable mode and in many occasions, they can not complete their work. For example, Perian technical team will no longer provide support to Perian after final Perian version release.
How to Solve MKV File no Sound on Mac?
The easiest solution is to use a professional MKV to Mac converter to convert the unsupported MKV file with unsupported audio codecs to Mac QuickTime best supported MOV or MP4 with AAC or AC3 audio codec, in which situations we do not need any QuickTime component, but only a professional MKV to Mac converter - Avdshare Video Converter.
MKV to Mac Converter - Avdshare Video Converter
- Convert any MKV file with Dolby-AC3 or DTS audio codec to Mac QuickTime best supported MP4 MPEG-4 AAC for the successfully playing any MKV on any Mac computer or on any QuickTime application.
- Convert any MKV file with any audio codec to any other video format with any video and audio codec for the successful playback or editing. For example, convert MKV to WMV for successful MKV playback in Windows Media Player, convert MKV to FLV for successfully uploading MKV to YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- Convert any video format to MKV format for any MKV-supported video program or application.
- Convert any unaccepted video format to any video device, player or program supported video formats.
- Convert between any two video format or any two audio format.
- No quality loss appears in the output file.
Guide on Converting MKV to Mac QuickTime
The following guide can help to easily convert any MKV file to Mac QuickTime MP4 or MOV.
Make Preparation: Free download MKV to Mac Converter
Step 1 Import MKV file
Click the "Add file" button to import the MKV file to this MKV to Mac converter. Or users can drag and drop the MKV file to this MKV to Mac converter.
Step 2 Targeted output format setting
Click the "Profile" button and select MP4 or MOV with MPEG-4 video codec and AAC audio codec as the output format from the "General Video" category.
Step 3 Complete the MKV to Mac video format conversion
The MKV to Mac QuickTime format conversion can be soon finished after the Convert button is hit.