How to Solve Cannot Import MP4 to Sony Vegas?
Convert Unsupported MP4 or Other Videos to Sony Vegas Supported Format
Have you ever experienced error messages showing on the computer screen when importing MP4 to Sony Vegas for editing? If your answer is Yes, then you may wonder why. Sony Vegas Pro is the best entry-level video editing software with powerful post-processing functions for most newcomer and video professionals. As far as the public knows, it supports the MP4 video format, but it doesn’t mean that it supports all MP4 codecs. The MP4 file encoded by H.261/ H.263 is not supported by Sony Vegas Pro. So it's not surprising that you encounter this situation. Then, how to deal with it?
There is a good choice for you to solve the problem of importing MP4 to Sony Vegas Pro. Avdshare Video Converter, as a powerful MP4 to Sony Vegas converter, can convert the MP4 videos to the format which Sony Vegas Pro can support. From professional users who often use Sony Vegas and Sony Vegas official website, it is known that Sony Vegas can support H.264(MP4/AVC/AVCHD), HEVC, ProRes, XDCAM/XAVC and P2, so users can convert MP4 to one of those formats for successfully importing MP4 into Sony Vegas Pro. The following steps will explain in details about how to convert MP4 to Sony Vegas Pro supported formats, but before this, let's learn the key features of Avdshare Video Converter as below.
MP4 to Sony Vegas Converter - Avdshare Video Converter
- Convert any unsupported MP4 video with codecs, like XviD, DivX, H.261, H.263 etc to Sony Vegas Pro supported formats with best output quality.
- Convert any other unsupported format like FLV, MOV, MKV, etc to Sony Vegas Pro supported formats with best output quality.
- Support to edit any video format, like MP4, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, etc with various editing functions: trim, crop, merge, add subtitles, add watermark and so on.
- Support to convert any format to common devices supported video formats, like iPad, iPhone, Samsung, Android and so on.
- Support to convert video and audio format in batches.
- Support to watch and play any video format file with the built-in media player.
How to Convert Unsupported MP4 to Sony Vegas Supported One?
Free download the MP4 to Sony Vegas Pro Converter - Avdshare Video Converter
Step 1 Import the MP4 file
First, click the "Add file" button or drag to import the MP4 file to this MP4 to Sony Vegas converter and get ready for the next step.
Step 2 Select Sony Vegas support video format.
Then, click the "Profile" button to choose the MP4 H.264 or other Sony Vegas supported video formats as the final output video format and you can edit it with such wonderful settings before conversion at your own will.
Step 3 Start the video format conversion
Finally, then click the “Convert” button to convert MP4 to Sony Vegas supported MP4 H.264 format as you want.