How to Reduce M4A File Size?
M4A File Size Compressor - Reduce File Size of M4A, WAV, AAC, FLAC, AIFF
M4A file is simply known as MPEG-4 audio file and is often found when users download audio files from iTunes Store. Have downloaded many M4A music files and have no space for others? The downloaded M4A file is too big and has difficulty in uploading to some music sharing websites, to some file archive service, adding to Email for attachment? In these cases, you will need to reduce the M4A file size. To reduce M4A file size, a professional M4A reducer is needed. The following article just introduces a professional M4A reducer - Avdshare Audio Converter to help users with the M4A reducing work.
M4A File Size Compressor - Avdshare Audio Converter
- Easily reduce the M4A file size to comply with any music website, or other application requirements.
- Reduce the M4A file size while maintaining the original M4A file quality relatively.
- Reduce the M4A file size and support to save the reduced M4A to MP3, AAC, WAV, WMA, FLAC, OGG, AIFF, etc.
- Reduce other music format sizes, like MP3, AAC, FLAC, AIFF, OGG, WAV, M4B, etc.
- Except for reducing M4A and other formats file size, this professional M4A reducer also supports to do other audio editing work, including trimming audio, change audio volume, frame rate, sample rate, codec, merging separate audio clips, splitting big audio file, etc.
- Except for editing M4A and other audio formats, this professional M4A reducer also has powerful audio conversion functions to convert any audio format to or from M4A or any other audio format or extract M4A or any other audio format from any video format, like MP4, AVI, FLV, MOV, WMV, MKV, AVCHD, etc.
Guide on Reducing M4A File Size
The following guide can help to easily reduce the M4A file size.
Make Preparation: Free download M4A Reducer
Step 1 Import M4A file
First, we need to import the M4A file to this M4A reducer. Two methods are provided here: one is to click the "Add file" button and the other is to use the drag & drop function.
Step 2 Reduce M4A File Size
Normally, there are three methods to reduce the M4A file size.
Method 1: Compress M4A file to other audio formats
This method only applies for the M4A file which is encoded with lossy Advanced Audio Coding (AAC). Click the "Profile" button >"General Audio" category to choose Apple Lossless ALAC M4A, FLAC, AIFF and other lossless audio formats as the output formats.
Method 2: Lower M4A bitrate
Click the "Setting..." button>Advanced panel>Audio Codec where users can choose a lower bitrate for the M4A. But users should remember that the lower M4A bitrate can get the lower M4A quality, so users should find the balance between the lower M4A bitrate and the M4A quality.
Method 3: Change the M4A AAC to Lossless audio formats and lower the M4A bitrate
Users can change the M4A AAC to M4A ALAC, FLAC, etc as well as choose the converted lossless audio formats with lower bitrate.
Step 3 Targeted output format setting (Optional)
If you want to adjust the M4A file format after reducing the M4A file size, youneed to click the "Profile" button >"General Audio" category to make that.
Step 4 Complete reducing the M4A file size
Finally, click the"Convert" button to complete the M4A file size reducing process.