How to Play WMV Files in Chrome?
Method 1: WMV to Chrome Converter; Method 2 Install WMV Player in Chrome
Want to find a method to play your WMV files in Chrome? The following two methods easily help you to play your WMV file in your Chrome. Check the two methods below.
Google Chrome is widely used among many people, but many of them have encountered WMV playback failure on Chrome. How to solve that? Check below to find the methods.
Method One: Convert WMV to Chrome Supported Video Formats
If your WMV file can not be natively played on Chrome you can use a converter to convert the unsupported WMV file to Chrome more supported video formats, such as MP4. To convert WMV to Chrome MP4, a professional WMV to Chrome converter called Avdshare Video Converter is needed.
Avdshare Video Converter - Best WMV to Chrome Converter
- Convert any WMV file to Chrome more supported video formats, such as MP4, with no quality loss and 90X faster conversion speed.
- Support other file conversions among 150+ video and audio format files, including MKV, MP4, AVI, FLV, MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, OGG, etc.
- Convert directly to any needed output format supported by your mobile devices,smart TVs, computers and tablets, media players, etc.
- Support to batch converting many WMV files to Chrome MP4 or many other video formats to another video format.
- Support to edit your WMV file or other imported video or audio files with editing features: Trim, Crop, Rotate, Split, Merge, Subtitles, Size, Volume, Watermark, Logo, etc.
Guide on Converting WMV to Chrome MP4
You can follow the guide below to convert your WMV file to Chrome MP4 file.
Make Preparation: Free download WMV to Chrome Converter
Step 1 Import WMV Video file
Add your WMV file to this converter by clicking the Add File button or by Drag&Drop feature. If batch conversion is needed just add all your WMV files to this converter and use the batch conversion function to convert all of them at one time.
Step 2 Specify MP4 as output video format
Chrome best supported MP4 output format can be easily set as the output format after you check the Profile button>General Video category.
Step 3 Complete the WMV to Chrome MP4 conversion work
Finally, you can click the Convert button to get your WMV file easily converted to Chrome best supported MP4 file.
Method Two: Install WMV Player
Installing a WMV Player to your Chrome can also get the problem solved. The following will share two widely used WMV player for your usage.
VLC Player is so popular to open all kinds of video formats, including WMV format. VLC Player is a cross-platform multimedia player and supports to play your video files on many platforms and browsers and of course Chrome is supported. You should install VLC Player from its official website with all plugins and extensions. After the installation, you can open Chrome browser and input 'chrome://plugins' to see if you can get 'VLC Web Plugin' message. If you does, VLC Player has been successfully installed on your Chrome.
RealPlayer Cloud supports to store and play your WMV files in the cloud. You can download RealPlayer Cloud from Chrome web store and use it to play your WMV files. It is also better to download RealPlayer Cloud from RealNetworks official website.