How to Play Opus Files on Mac?
Method 1: Install Opus Player on Mac; Method2: Convert Opus to MP3
When trying to import some Opus files to your Mac computer for playback, normally you will end in failure. That is because that Mac default player - QuickTime Player or iTunes do not natively support to play Opus files. Is there any solution to play Opus Files on Mac? Yes and the following article will share two popular methods to help you to successfully play any Opus file on any Mac computer.
Method One: Install VLC Player on Mac computer
VLC player supports to play nearly any audio format file and among which Opus format file is supported. So we only need to install VLC Player on Mac computer and use it to play Opus file on your Mac computer. Follow the steps below to easily use VLC Player to play Opus file on your Mac computer.
- Go to https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html.
- Click Download VLC button to choose macOS version to download.
- Choose the file folder where you want to save the downloaded VLC Player.
- Install the downloaded VLC player on your Mac computer.
- Click the Finder icon and then open the file folder which contains the Opus file.
- Open VLC Player on your Mac.
- Drag the Opus file you want to play to this VLC player for playback.
Method Two: Convert Opus to Mac computer best supported MP3
You can also choose to use a workable Opus to Mac converter to convert the Opus file to any Mac computer more supported MP3.
- Avdshare Audio Converter, designed as the professional Opus to Mac converter, can fulfill converting Opus to Mac MP3 very well. This Avdshare Audio Converter supports to convert any Opus to MP3 without any quality loss and with the fast conversion speed.
- Also, this Avdshare Audio Converter supports to convert Opus to other popular audio formats, like Opus to MP3, to WAV, WMA, MKA, OGG, FLAC, AIFF, AAC, AC3, etc for wide and compatible Opus playback on iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android, Windows, PSP, etc.
- Moreover, this Avdshare Audio Converter supports to convert any other unplayed audio format to other audio devices, players and applications supported audio formats.
You can follow the guide below to easily convert your Opus file to your Mac computer best supported MP3.
Make Preparation: Free download Opus to Mac Converter
Step 1 Import Opus file
Click the Add File button to import this Opus file to this Opus to Mac converter. The Drag-Drop feature also works to import the Opus file to this converter. Batch conversion from Opus to Mac MP3 is also easily available by this converter.
Step 2 Targeted output format setting
Easily click the "Profile" button>"General Audio" category where you can simply select MP3 as your output format.
Step 3 Convert Opus to Mac supported MP3
Start and finish the Opus to Mac MP3 conversion by easily clicking the Convert button. Next, you can successfully play any Opus file on any Mac computer.