How to Play OGG File on Windows Media Player?
Method 1: Convert OGG to WMP Supported MP3; Method 2: Install Required Codec
We all know that MP3 format is the most accepted audio format by most audio devices and players, but there are still some other audio formats available for you to use for certain devices and players, such as OGG format. If you have some OGG format files and want to open them on your Windows Media Player can you do that? Unfortunately, OGG format is not natively supported by Windows Media Player and so you can not use Windows Media Player to open OGG files. Want a solution? If Yes, check the following two widely used methods as below.
Method 1: Convert OGG to Windows Media Player MP3
In this method, you will need a professional OGG to Windows Media Player converter to convert the unsupported OGG file to Windows Media Player more supported MP3 file. Avdshare Audio Converter just works as the professional OGG to Windows Media Player converter which can help the following tasks:
- Convert any OGG file to Windows Media Player MP3 for compatibly playing the OGG file on any Windows Media Player version.
- Convert OGG to Windows Media Player MP3 with no quality loss.
- Convert any other unsupported MKA, FLAC, DTS, etc to any Windows Media Player version best supported MP3 for the compatible playback.
- Convert any OGG file, any MKA file, etc to Windows Media Player MP3 with 90X faster conversion speed or convert between any two audio formats.
- Support to batch convert many OGG files, MKA files, DTS files, etc to Windows Media Player MP3 at once.
- Support to edit OGG format file, DTS format file, MKA format file, etc or any other imported audio format file with audio editing features: Trim, Crop, Split, Merge, Sample Rate, Bitrate, etc.
Guide on Converting OGG to Windows Media Player MP3
You can follow the guide below to convert your OGG file to Windows Media Player best supported MP3.
Make Preparation: Free download OGG to Windows Media Player Converter
Step 1 Import OGG audio file
You can click the Add File button to add your OGG file to this converter. You can also drag and drop your OGG file to this converter. If you want to batch convert many OGG files just import all these OGG files to this converter and use the batch conversion function to convert all of them at once.
Step 2 Specify MP3 as output format
You can easily set Windows Media Player best supported MP3 as the output format after you click the Profile button>General Audio category.
Step 3 Complete the OGG to Windows Media Player MP3 conversion work
Your OGG file can be simply converted to Windows Media Player more supported MP3 file after you click the Convert button.
Method 2: Install Required Codec to Windows computer
Actually, Windows Media Player supports to play many audio formats, like WAV, WMA, M4A, AU, AIFF, etc thanks to the fact that your Windows computer has pre-installed the required codecs for playing these audio format files. Unfortunately, the codec for playing OGG file is not installed on your Windows computer, which caused your OGG file playback failure in Windows Media Player. If you can install the required codec for playing OGG files on your Windows computer the problem will be easily solved.
DirectShow Filters are so good codec for OGG playback. You can go to DirectShow Filters official website https://www.xiph.org/dshow/, download and install DirectShow Filters to your Windows computer. After installation of DirectShow Filters, launch it on your Windows computer. And then use Windows Media Player to open your OGG file again and you will have no playback problem.