How to Play MKV Files on Chromebook?
Convert MKV to Chromebook MP4 to Successfully Play Any MKV on Chromebook
Hey guys. I have downloaded many MKV movie files and when I import them to my Chromebook for playback, I can only hear audio file while the video image is missing. My MKV files are encoded with HEVC codec. Please help me.
Well, a Chromebook is a computer running Chrome OS system. Just like other popular computers, Chromebook computers have all excellent features, like playing audios, videos, handling with many documents, etc. However, you need to check if your video file and its wrapped codec if it is a container format is supported by Chromebook before you try to import the video file to Chromebook for playback. Now the following just take playing MKV file on Chromebook as the example.
From Chromebook official website, we know that MKV is one of Chromebook supported file formats, but still in some cases you may fail to play your MKV files on Chromebook. Why? The main reason behind the playback failure lies in the codec wrapped in MKV container format. As for a container format which can wrap various codecs, only certain codecs, such as H.264, are supported by Chromebook. So if your codec is not supported by Chromebook you can also meet failure when playing your MKV on it. Solution? The following will share a professional MKV to Chromebook Converter - Avdshare Video Converter to help you to successfully play any MKV file on any Chromebook.
MKV to Chromebook Converter - Avdshare Video Converter
- Convert any MKV file with any unsupported codec to any Chromebook best supported MP4 H.264 to solve any MKV and Chromebook playback issue.
- Convert any other unrecognized FLV, RMVB, MPEG-2, AVCHD, MP4, AVI, etc to any Chromebook best supported file format.
- Convert any MKV, FLV, AVCHD, etc to Chromebook without any quality loss and with the fastest conversion speed.
- Convert more MKV files, more AVCHD files, etc to Chromebook MP4 H.264 at one time.
- You can also use this converter built-in video editor to edit your MKV file or any other video file before converting to Chromebook MP4 H.264 or you can use it to edit any existing video file on your computer.
Guide on Converting MKV to Chromebook MP4 H.264
The following will list the step by step guide on how to easily convert your MKV to Chromebook MP4 H.264.
Make Preparation: Free download MKV to Chromebook Converter
Step 1 Import MKV file
Load your MKV file to this video converter by clicking the Add File button or dragging and dropping the MKV file into it.
Step 2 Targeted output format setting
Use the "Profile" button to open all the supported output formats under "General Video" category where choose MP4 H.264 output format.
Step 3 Complete the conversion
Once you have set all the above ones, click the Convert button to start the conversion process and after several seconds or few minutes, your needed MP4 H.264 file can be exported.