How to Play H.264 Files on Mac?
H.264 to Mac Converter - Convert Unsupported H.264 to Mac Supported MP4
When failed to open your H.264 file on your Mac computer, do not worry and the following H.264 to Mac converter easily helps to convert any H.264 file to your Mac computer best supported MP4 H.264 for the compatible H.264 file playback on your Mac computer.
H.264 is a very popular video compression codec for high definition video. Many container formats can wrap the H.264 codec. Besides the common MP4 container format, H.264 codec can also be wrapped in AVI, MKV, VOB, MOV, etc. H.264 codec is widely supported by many platforms, devices and players, but to get your H.264 file successfully played, you also make sure that the container format wrapping your H.264 file is supported. For example, you may find that some of your H.264 files can not be opened on your Mac while some others can. Why does this happen and how to fix it?
Why Can't Open H.264 on Mac?
We know that Mac computer default player, QuickTime Player, can well support H.264 file in MP4 and MOV container formats, but not in other container formats, like MKV, VOB, etc. So if your H.264 file is wrapped with Mac QuickTime unsupported video container formats you will fail to open your H.264 file on your Mac computer.
How to Fix H.264 File not Playing on Mac?
Two widely used methods are recommended for your issue. One is to convert the unsupported H.264 file to Mac computer best supported MP4 H.264 or MOV H.264. Another one is to install one H.264 player to your Mac computer and use it to open your H.264 file. Check them one by one as below.
Method One: Convert H.264 to Mac MP4 H.264
- You need a professional H.264 to Mac converter to convert your H.264 file to your Mac computer best supported MP4 H.264. Avdshare Video Converter is just the professional H.264 to Mac converter with which any H.264 file can be easily converted to your Mac computer best supported MP4 H.264 or MOV H.264.
- This converter will give the original H.264 file quality as the final MP4 H.264 or MOV H.264 file quality.
- This converter supports to batch convert many H.264 files to Mac MP4 H.264 or MOV H.264 at one time.
- Aside from converting H.264 to Mac supported H.264, this converter also helps to convert other unsupported FLV, WMV, 3GP, WebM, MKV, etc to Mac computer best supported file formats.
- This converter will provide 90X faster conversion speed to convert your H.264 file to Mac supported format file.
- This converter will provide ad-free and virus-free H.264 to Mac file conversion work.
Guide on Converting H.264 to Mac MP4 H.264 or MOV H.264
You can follow the guide below to easily convert your H.264 file to Mac MP4 H.264 or MOV H.264.
Make Preparation: Free download H.264 to Mac Converter
Step 1 Import H.264 file
You can click the Add File button to import your H.264 file to this converter. The Drag and Drop function also works to import your H.264 file to this converter.
Step 2 Specify MP4 H.264 as output format
Mac computer best supported MP4 H.264 or MOV H.264 can easily be saved as the output format after you click the Profile button>General Video category.
Step 3 Complete the H.264 to Mac MP4 H.264 conversion work
You can click the Convert button to start and finish your H.264 to Mac computer best supported MP4 H.264, MOV H.264, etc.
Method Two: Install VLC Player to Mac
If your H.264 file is not supported by your Mac QuickTime Player you can install another player to your Mac to help you to open H.264 file. Among all available H.264 players, VLC Player can do this hard work. Besides play any H.264 file on your Mac, this VLC Player also helps to play nearly any other unsupported video file on your Mac.
- Go to VLC Player official website.
- Find the VLC Player version fit for your Mac computer.
- Download and install it to your Mac computer.
- Launch it to open your H.264 file on your Mac computer.