Three Methods to Play Any MTS File on Windows
Hey guys. I have got some MTS files from my Sony camcorder and I tried to import them to my Windows for playback, but nothing plays on my Windows Media Player. Windows can not open MTS files? If so, what can I do to fix it?
MTS file format is a popular camcorder recording format widely used by Sony and Panasonic camcorders. Have saved some MTS files in your camcorder and want to transfer them to your Windows for playback? Bad news is that Windows can not natively open your MTS files or your MTS file is lack of sound. The basic reason behind is the right codec is missing on Windows. There are three methods that can get this problem solved. Check them one by one as below.
Method One: Install the right codec to Play MTS on Windows Media Player
There are many codecs which are introduced to have the ability in opening MTS file on Windows, and among them K-Lite Codec Pack is highly recommended. To avoid downloading some virus along with K-Lite Codec Pack downloading, you can download K-Lite Codec Pack from https://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm Follow the steps below to install K-Lite Codec Pack to your Windows:
- Open the downloading link above and then click the Download Basic button>Choose your installation setting.
- Set Players from Windows on File Association interface. And then click Next button.
- Open MPEG TS option and set .mts file extension and then click the Next button. After all these are finished, restart Windows Media Player to open your MTS files and it should have no playback problem.
Method Two: Convert MTS to Windows WMV
If you do not want to install codec to your Windows you can use a professional MTS to Windows converter to convert your MTS file to Windows computer best supported WMV and it is the simplest method reported by most of users. Avdshare Video Converter just works best to convert MTS to Windows WMV. Besides, you can find many other features of Avdshare Video Converter and these ones really satisfy and excite you, like any two video format conversion, any audio format conversion, video and audio file editing work, video and audio file playback work, etc. And you can explore more features yourself.
Download Avdshare Video Converter Windows version or Mac version, install it and launch it. Next follow the steps below to get your MTS file converted to Windows WMV.
- Import your MTS file to this converter interface by clicking the Add File button.
- Choose Windows best supported WMV, ASF, etc as the output format by clicking the Profile button> General Video category.
- Click the Convert button to start and finish MTS to Windows WMV conversion.
Method Three: Install another media player to Windows
In this method, you need to install another media player which support MTS to your Windows and use it to play your MTS file on Windows instead of Windows Media Player. Actually, we have talked about this media player in Method Two. Avdshare Video Converter can also work as a very professional media player which can fully support to play MTS file. So you only need to download and install Avdshare Video Converter.
Next , you only need two steps to play your MTS file on Windows;
- Click the Add File button to import your MTS file to this converter interface.
- Click the Play button to open MTS file on your Windows.