How to Play AAC Audio File on Windows Media Player ?
AAC to Windows Media Player MP3 Converter for Windows and Mac
Windows Media Player is so popular and workable to help you to play many kinds of audio format files. You can check all Windows Media Player supported audio formats from its official website. However, what confused some people is that sometimes, the audio format on Windows Media Player supported audio format list, such as AAC, is not played by Windows Media Player. Why does this happen and is there a solution?
Well, this issue is normally caused by the missing AAC codec. The reason for Windows Media Player playing many kinds of audio format files is that all required codecs for playing these audio format files are installed, and if you delete AAC codec by mistake on your Windows computer your AAC file can not be played on your Windows Media Player.
Solution to Opening AAC File on Windows Media Player
The following just recommends two popular methods to help you to easily play your AAC file on Windows Media Player.
Method One: Convert AAC to Windows Media Player MP3
MP3 is more supported by any Windows Media Player version, so we can convert the unplayed AAC file to Windows Media Player more supported MP3. Avdshare Audio Converter is so workable to convert AAC to Avdshare Audio Converter MP3. Check its key features of Avdshare Audio Converter as below.
- Convert any AAC file to Windows Media Player MP3 without any quality loss and with super high conversion speed.
- Convert other unsupported MKA, OGG, FLA, RA, etc to Windows Media Player MP3.
- Batch convert many AAC files to Windows Media Player MP3 at one time.
- Convert any other unsupported audio format to QuickTime Player, PSP, Zune, Roku, Xbox, Andorid, iOS, and other media players and devices best supported audio formats.
- There is no ad or virus during the AAC to Windows Media Player MP3 conversion process.
Guide on Converting AAC to Windows Media Player MP3
The following guide easily helps to convert any AAC file to Windows Media Player MP3.
Make Preparation: Free download AAC to Windows Media Player Converter
Step 1 Import AAC audio file
This converter allows you to click the Add File button to add your AAC file to this converter. You can also use Drag-Drop feature to add your AAC file to this converter.
Step 2 Specify Windows Media Player MP3 as output format
You can specify MP3 audio format as the final output format by clicking theProfile button>General Audio category.
Step 3 Complete the AAC to Windows Media Player MP3 conversion work
Click the Convert button to get your AAC file easily converted to Windows Media Player best supported MP3 output format.
Method Two: Install the Required AAC Codec
You can install the required AAC codec to your Windows computer and then your Windows Media Player will have no AAC file playback issue. Among all available AAC code packs, Windows Player Codec Pack is the widely installed one. Now the following just shows you how to download your needed Windows Player Codec Pack to play your AAC file.
- Step 1: Open Windows Player Codec Pack official website and choose your needed version to download it.
- Step 2: Open the installer and then choose ‘Easy Installation’ or ‘Detailed Installation’ and then click Next button to move forward.
- Step 3: Choose your needed AAC codec.
- Step 4: You can save every setting as default and continue to click the Next button until the codec pack is completely installed. And then you can restart your computer and try to use Windows Media Player to open your AAC file again.