How to Successfully Play Any MP4 on iPhone X/8/7/ 6/6S/5?
MP4 to iPhone Converter - Fix Cannot Play MP4 on iPhone
We are easy to find that MP4 is one of iPhone supported video formats from Apple website. But the failure that we can not play MP4 on iPhone quite often occurs no matter which model of iPhone you are using. Now the following article just explains why iPhone fails to play MP4 and how to easily play any MP4 on any model of iPhone.
Why Fails to Play MP4 on iPhone?
Generally speaking, iPhone 6/6S and the previous models only support MP4 with H.264 and MPEG-4 codecs and iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone X add HEVC MP4 support as well as the MP4 with H.264 and MPEG-4 codecs. But we all know that MP4 is a container format which may compress video with many kinds of codecs, like DivX, XviD, VP8, VP9, etc other than HEVC, H.264 and MPEG-4 codecs. So if your MP4 contains the unsupported codecs you will fail to play this MP4 on your iPhone.
How to Successfully Play MP4 on iPhone?
To play the unsupported MP4 on iPhone, the easiest way is to use a professional MP4 to iPhone converter to convert the unsupported MP4 to iPhone supported one, like MP4 H.264, MOV MPEG-4, etc.
Mp4 to iPhone Converter - Avdshare Video Converter
- Avdshare Video Converter is a professional MP4 to iPhone converter with which any unsupported MP4 can be easily converted to any model of iPhone supported video format. Find more features of Avdshare Video Converter in the following part:
- Convert any unsupported MP4 with any unsupported codec to iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone 6/6S and other older models supported video formats.
- Convert any other unsupported MOV, AVI, FLV, MKV, WMV, WTV, RMVB, MTS, etc to any iPhone/iPad/iPod/iMovie/FCP/QuickTime and other un-Apple products supported video formats.
- Convert any video format to MP4 for the MP4 compatible video applications.
- Easily convert between any two video formats.
Converting MP4 to iPhone Guide
Any unsupported MP4 can be easily converted to iPhone supported one following the guide below.
Make Preparation: Free download MP4 to iPhone Converter
Step 1 Upload MP4 file
This MP4 to iPhone converter provides two ways to import the unsupported MP4 to it. One is to click the "Add file" button and the other is to directly drag and drop the MP4 to it.
Step 2 Targeted output format setting
Choose MP4 H.264, MOV MPEG-4, etc as your output format by clicking "Profile" button > "General Video" category.
Step 3 Start the conversion
Click "Convert" button to finish your conversion process from MP4 to iPhone supported video formats.