How to Extract Audio from MOV Video?
Method 1: Avdshare Audio Converter for Mac and Windows; Method 2: iMovie for Mac
MOV format is a very common file format and it is very easy to get some MOV files, like the recording files from your iPhone, the output files from iMovie, the files downloaded from online, etc. However, for some purposes, you may like to extract the audio from the MOV file on your Windows or Mac, then how to do that? The following will provide two popular methods to help you to easily extract the audio file form any MOV file.
Method 1: MOV Audio Extractor - Avdshare Audio Converter
The most professional MOV audio extractor - Avdshare Audio Converter can easily extract audio file from MOV file.
- It can extract the original audio file from MOV file and also supports to convert the original audio file to MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, OGG, etc at the same time.
- Besides extracting audio file from MOV, this MOV audio extractor also supports to extract any audio format file from MP4, MOV, FLV, AVI, WMV, WTV, 3GP, etc.
- Extract MP3, AAC, WAV, WMA, FLAC, etc from MOV, MP4, AVI, FLV, etc without any quality loss.
- It also can convert between audio formats like MP3, WAM, M4A, FLAC, DTS, AAC, OGG, OPUS, WMA, AIFF etc
- It has both Windows and Mac version.
How to Extract Audio from MOV?
You can follow the guide below to extract your wanted audio file from your MOV file.
Make Preparation: Free download MOV Audio Extractor
Step 1 Import MOV file
You can directly drag and drop your MOV file to this MOV audio extractor. You can also click the Add File button to import your MOV file to this MOV audio extractor.
Step 2 Select your preferable audio format
You can have a variety of audio output format selections with this MOV audio extractor and you can click the "Profile" button and select any lossy output format or any lossless output format from the "General Audio" category or "Lossless Audio" category.
Step 3 Finish extracting audio from MOV
Easily extract your wanted MP3, AAC, etc from your MOV file.
Method 2: Extract Audio file from MOV with iMovie
The popular iMovie can also help to extract audio file from your MOV file. Check the steps below to extract your wanted audio file from MOV video file:
- Launch iMovie and click the File button to import your MOV file to iMovie.
- Click File button and choose Share>File button and then choose Audio Only in the Format menu. Next select MP3, AAC, etc or any other audio file format you want. Finally, click the Save button to successfully extract your wanted audio file from the MOV file.