How to Edit GoPro Recorded Videos on Mac?
GoPro to Mac Converter - Convert GoPro Recordings to Apple ProRes MOV or MP4
If you have a GoPro action camera and have used it to shot some interesting videos you may want to edit some GoPro shot videos on your Mac computer. Then how to do it? Some users may recommend you to use GoPro Studio to edit your videos on your Mac computer. And that is right and GoPro Studio indeed has the full ability in editing GoPro shot videos, but GoPro Studio still has some limitations. GoPro Studio support has been officially discontinued by GoPro and you will not find GoPro Studio Download link from GoPro official site. You can find GoPro Studio Download link from third party sites, but it may include risky virus and it only works on certain Mac systems. So GoPro Studio is not your first option to edit your GoPro shot videos on your Mac computer. So what to do?
From many users feedback, we learned that they all choose to convert GoPro recorded video format files to Mac FCP or iMovie supported file formats. If you want to use FCP to edit your GoPro videos on your Mac you can convert GoPro shot videos to MOV ProRes format and if you want to edit GoPro videos on Mac iMovie you need to convert GoPro HEVC to MOV or MP4 with H.264 codec. So how to convert GoPro video to FCP or iMovie supported formats? Do not search and the following will introduce a professional GoPro to Mac converter - Avdshare Video Converter to help you with GoPro video to Mac FCP or iMovie conversion work.
GoPro to Mac Converter - Avdshare Video Converter
- Convert any GoPro recorded video to FCP best supported MOV ProRes or to iMovie best supported MOV H.264 or MP4 H.264 without any quality loss.
- Convert any GoPro recorded video to other widely used AVI, MP4, WMV, MKV, WTV, 3GP, ASF, etc for widely working the GoPro video with Windows computer, Windows Media Player, PSP, Roku, Zune, Android device, etc without any quality loss.
- Convert any GoPro recorded video file to FCP MOV, iMovie MOV H.264, MP4 H.264, or to any other video format with super fast conversion speed.
- Support to batch convert GoPro recorded videos to other video format files.
- No ad, no virus will be brought to the output file.
- You can also edit the GoPro camera recorded video file with the converter built-in video editing feature, like trimming, splitting, merging, changing video resolution, frame rate, bitrate, etc.
Guide on Converting GoPro Video to Mac FCP MOV ProRes or to iMovie MOV or MP4
You can follow the guide below to convert any GoPro recorded video file to any other one.
Make Preparation: Free download GoPro to Mac Converter
Step 1 Import GoPro Video file
You need to import your GoPro video file to this video converter. You can click the Add File button to import GoPro video file to this converter. Or you can use the Drag&Drop feature to import GoPro video file to this converter.
Step 2 Select Mac supported video format
If you want MOV ProRes as the output format for editing in FCP click the Profile category>HD Video category to choose it.
If you want MOV H.264 or MP4 H.264 as the output format for editing in iMovie click the Profile category>General Video category to choose it.
Step 3 Complete the conversion
Finally, click the Convert button to complete GoPro video to MOV ProRes or to iMovie supported MOV or MP4 as the output format. Next, you can import the MOV ProRes or iMovie MOV or MP4 to your Mac computer for compatible editing.