How to Compress FLAC File Size?
FLAC Compressor - Compress FLAC to Smaller File Size on Mac and Windows
I have got big size of FLAC collection, but my storage device is close to get full and I can not put the FLAC collection on my device. I want to reduce the FLAC collection file size by compressing it, but have no idea where to start. Can you tell me how I can compress the FLAC collection? Thanks in advance.
FLAC means Free Lossless Audio Codec and is a popular lossless audio format. As a lossless audio format, FLAC can provide high audio quality, but what is unavoidable is the big FLAC file size. Free storage space on your computers or other storage devices is always what users need. Also, FLAC file with big file size is not convenient to be transmitted on internet or sent by Email. So the need to compress the FLAC file size arises. To compress a FLAC file size, a professional FLAC compressor - Avdshare Video Converter is recommended to use.
FLAC Compressor - Avdshare Video Converter
- Compress FLAC files without quality loss and with the fast compression speeed.
- Compress FLAC files and convert the compressed FLAC to AAC, WAV, MP3, WMA, AIFF, OGG, etc for many audio devices and players.
- Compress other audio formats, like AIFF, APE, WV, Apple Lossless, WAV, etc as well as FLAC for sharing on Facebook, YouTube and on other audio services.
- Edit FLAC, AIFF, WAV, MP3, etc with other excellent editing features: crop, trim, change audio sample rate, bitrate, volume, etc.
- Extract FLAC, AIFF, MP3, etc from any video format, like MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, AVCHD, etc.
How to Compress FLAC with Avdshare Video Converter?
Follow the steps below to easily get your FLAC file compressed as you want.
Make Preparation: Free download FLAC Compressor
Step 1 Import FLAC file
Click the "Add file" button to get the FLAC file simply imported to this FLAC compressor. Users can also use the drag and drop feature to get the FLAC file imported.
Step 2 Setting to Compress FLAC file
This FLAC compressor provides two methods to compress the FLAC file.
Method 1: Compress FLAC to MP3
Compress FLAC file by converting FLAC to MP3 will get some quality loss for the original FLAC file, users only need to click Profile button and select MP3 as the output format from the appearing General Audio category.
Method 2: Change FLAC audio bitrate
Click Setting... button to bring up the Advanced Setting window. Go to Audio Bitrate where users can choose the bitrate lower than its original FLAC bitrate or directly overwrite it to the lower bitrate.
Note: Users are also supported to edit FLAC file with other aspects, like converting Trim button to trim the FLAC file, Click Setting... > Advanced Setting to change FLAC bitrate, sample rate, volume, etc.
Step 3 Start and Finish the FLAC File Size Compression
Users can click the Convert button to finally get the FLAC file compressed as you want.