How to Compress AVI File Size?
AVI Compressor - Compress and Reduce AVI Video to Smaller File Size
AVI format is a very popular container format and many users may have stored one or many AVI files on their computers or hard drives. Compared with other container formats, such as MP4, AVI is normally with bigger file size. The AVI with big file size will cause some inconvenience. For example, they will burden your computer or hard drive storing space, make difficulty in uploading these AVI to YouTube, Facebook, etc, and take more time to import to video editors or transmit over the internet. To overcome the inconvenience caused by AVI file size, many users will choose to compress the AVI file size to a smaller one.
Usually, there are three methods to get the AVI file with a smaller file size: Changing the AVI format to another file format with smaller file size, such as MP4 format. Adjusting the AVI resolution, video frame, video bitrate, etc, but one thing you should remember and that is, if you reduce the AVI parameters too much, the AVI video quality may become too bad. And the last method is to cut the AVI file to only save the AVI part that you need.
Next the following article just introduces a professional AVI compressor - Avdshare Video Converter to help users to compress the AVI file with the needed file size.
Key Features of Avdshare Video Converter
- Convert AVI to MP4, 3GP, or to any other video format with smaller file size than AVI.
- Change AVI format parameters, like resolution, bitrate, frame rate, etc to get the AVI file with smaller file size.
- Cut or trim AVI file to get the small AVI file size by only saving the needed AVI part.
- Compress other video formats, including WMV, FLV, MKV, AVCHD, MP4, WTV, RMVB, etc as well as compress AVI.
- Change the compressed AVI file format, the compressed MP4 file format, the compressed MOV file format, the compressed MKV file format, etc.
- Edit AVI, MOV, MKV, etc with other aspects, like adding or removing subtitles, adding or removing special effects, rotating video file, changing video codec, volume, etc.
Guide on Compressing AVI File
Follow the guide below to compress the AVI file.
Make Preparation: Free download AVI Compressor
Step 1 Add AVI file
Click the "Add file" button to import the AVI file to this AVI compressor. Or use the drag and drop function to import the AVI file to this AVI compressor.
Step 2: Compress AVI setting
- If you want to compress AVI to a smaller file size by changing AVI parameters, click the Setting... button>Advanced panel>Video Codec where you can reduce the AVI file resolution, bitrate, frame rate, etc.
- If you want to compress AVI to a smaller file size by changing the file format, click the "Profile" button >"General Video" category to get MP4, FLV, etc as the output format.
Step 3 Complete compressing AVI file size
The AVI compression can be soon finished after you click the "Convert" button.