H.265 to H.264 Converter for Mac and Windows
H.265 to H.264 Converter - Convert H.265 to H.264, Convert H.264 to H.265
Why Convert H.265 to H.264?
H.265 has many advantages over H.264 among which the main advantage lies in that H.265 can compress video with lower bitrate and also this main advantage decides that H.265 is in high video quality but with relatively small file size and so can save storage and transmission cost. But H.265 is a future codec with higher patent cost, so many hardware platform still choose other codecs, such as H.264, over H.265. And that is exactly why H.265 is still not a widely used codec compared with H.264. And this h.264 advantage is further strengthened with Apple choosing H.264 as their main codec supported by iPad, iPhone, etc. So in order to play or open H.265 on more platforms, portable devices, or other applications, we need to convert H.265 to H.264.
H.265 to H.264 Converter for Mac/Windows - Avdshare Video Converter
- Avdshare Video Converter works as the best professional H.265 to H.264 converter which can best convert H.265 with MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, ASF, etc to H.264 with any container format.
- Also works as the H.264 to H.265 Converter to encode H.264 to H.265, HEVC.
- The fastest H.265 to H.264 conversion speed but with no quality or resolution loss.
- Convert between any two video codecs or any two video formats freely, including H.265, H.264, VP8, VP9, MPEG-4, DivX, MP4, MOV, MKV, WMV, ASF, FLV, AVI, etc.
- Work as a perfect media player to directly play H.265 video, H.264 video, VP8 video, VP9 video, MP4 video, MKV video, WMV video, etc.
- Work as also a perfect video editor to edit H.265 video, H.264 video or other video files: cut, rotate, merge, split, add or remove video subtitles, video bitrate, frame rate, special effects, etc.
Convert H.265 to H.264 Guide
First user can follow the step by step guide below to convert H.265 to H.264, this guide also helps to convert H.264 to H.265.
Make Preparation: Free download H.265 to H.264 Converter
Step 1 Import H.265 video
Click "Add file" button to add H.265 video(s) to Avdshare Video Converter. The drag and drop function is also workable when adding H.265 video to Avdshare Video Converter.
Step 2 Select H.264 as the exporting format
Click "Profile" button to select H.264 format as the exporting format.
Step 3 Convert H.265 to H.264
Click "Convert" button to complete the converting H.265 to H.264.
More about H.265
As a compression standard, H.265 is officially known as High Efficiency Video Coding(HEVC) and is the successor to H.264. H.265 is protected by patent and using H.265 needs to pay higher patent fee than that paid for H.264. Few players, like 4k player or 8K player can directly play H.265 video.
More about H.264
H.264 is also a compression standard and is almost the most widely used codec for recording, editing an playback. H.264 is developed as one of the encoding standard for Blu-ray Discs and all Blu-ray Disc player have the ability in decoding H.264. Commercial use of H.264 needs to pay the patent fee but if for streaming video H.264 is free to end users.