MKV VLC: How to Solve 'VLC Won 't Play MKV'?
MKV to VLC Converter - Convert MKV to VLC Supported Video Format
When I play MKV in VLC I always get a error message: 'Unidentified codec, VLC could not identify the audio or video codec '. How can I get this issue fixed?
I created a MKV file but when I use VLC to play it. VLC says there are no tracks supported. I do not want to use another media player to play the MKV. Any idea about how can I play this MKV in VLC?
From VLC official website, we can know that MKV is one of VLC supported video formats, but in practice many users will encounter failure when using VLC to play MKV. The following article will offer a universal solution to help you successfully play MKV in VLC.
Universal Solution to Playing All MKV in VLC
We can not deny other solutions, but the easiest and universal solution is to use a professional MKV to VLC converter to convert the unsupported MKV to VLC supported MKV or other supported video formats. Avdshare Video Converter is just the most recommended MKV to VLC converter. Avdshare Video Converter can convert all the unsupported MKV and all other unsupported video formats to VLC supported video formats. With the help of Avdshare Video Converter, you can easily play all MKV in VLC successfully, like
- Play MKV with video codecs, like H.264, HEVC/H.265, DivX, VP8, VP9, XviD, H.263, etc in all versions of VLC.
- Play MKV with audio codecs, like AC3, DTS, etc in all versions of VLC.
- Play MKV with 5.1 channels, 6.1 channels, etc in all versions of VLC.
- Play MKV with resolutions, like 4K, 1080P, 720P, 360P, HD, etc in all versions of VLC.
- Edit MKV, like rotating MKV, trimming MKV, splitting MKV, merging MKV, adding or removing subtitles, logo, watermark, etc from or to MKV, etc before playing all MKV in VLC.
Guide on Converting MKV to VLC
The following guide applies to convert all unsupported MKV to VLC supported MKV or other supported video formats.
Make Preparation: Free download MKV to VLC Converter
Step 1 Add MKV files
Click the "Add file" button or use the drag and drop function to upload the unsupported MKV to Avdshare Video Converter.
Step 2 Targeted output format setting
Choose MP4 H.264 as your output format by clicking "Profile" button > "General Video" category.
Step 3 Start the conversion
Click "Convert" button to finish your conversion process from MKV to MP4 H.264.