How to Extract Subtitles from MKV?
Step by Step Guide to Extract Subtitles like .srt from MKV Video
I failed to use MKVTools to extract subtitles from MKV. Can someone tell me a way to easily extract subtitles from MKV on a Mac?
There are two subtitles on my MKV file and I want to extract one of the two subtitles. What software can help me to do that?
In the following article you will learn why extract subtitles from MKV and how to easily extract subtitles from MKV.
Why Extract Subtitles from MKV?
MKV is very often obtained by users and most of MKV videos, especially the MKV movies, that users get usually include one, two or more subtitles. Sometimes we want to extract the MKV subtitles and replace them with the ones that are written in your language or that can help you to better understand the MKV movies or sometimes we just want to extract the unneeded MKV subtitles from two or more ones to get a clean watching experience. So no matter for what reason you want to extract subtitles from MKV, you will need an MKV extractor. Avdshare Video Converter is just a professional MKV extractor to help users to perfectly extract subtitles from MKV.
Key Features of Avdshare Video Converter
- Extract any wanted subtitles from all MKV files from any source.
- Extract subtitles from AVI, MP4, MOV, WMV, FLV, ASF, etc as well as from MKV.
- Add or remove all kinds of subtitles, like SRT, SSA/ASS, and IDX/SUB to or from MKV, MP4, WMV, MOV, ASF, FLV, AVI, MPEG, etc.
- Extract, add or remove subtitles with converting the original MKV, MP4, AVI, etc to another new video format.
- Convert any video format to another one.
- Add logo, watermark, special effects to any video format, change video codec, sample rate, video size, etc.
How to Extract Subtitles from MKV with Avdshare Video Converter?
The following guide can help to extract subtitles from MKV, AVI, MP4, etc easily.
Make Preparation: Free download MKV Extractor
Step 1 Import MKV files
Click the "File"->"Add file(s)..." button to import MKV videos or simply the drag and drop MKV files to Avdshare Video Converter.
Step 2 Extract subtitles from MKV
Click File button>Properties… to open the Properties tab. Select the subtitles type from the Properties tab and click the corresponding "Save As" button to choose the location that you want to save the extracted subtitles. The default format for the extracted subtitles is .srt.