What Are the Best Video Formats for TV USB Port?
TV Video Converter - Convert Unsupported Video Formats to Your TV Supported One
Many TV users have failed to play the videos on their TVs via their USB ports, so these users post their questions in Google forums with the expectations to know what video formats are supported by their TV USB ports and how to play the unsupported video formats on their TV USB ports. Now the following article just answers the above two questions one by one.
What Video Formats Are Supported by TV USB Ports?
It depends on what TV brands and its models you use. And the following will answer you in a vivid way by listing some TV brands and models as the example.
- Apple TV: Apple TV 2nd generation and 3rd generation support to play M4V, MOV and MP4 formats with H.264 codec and MPEG-4 codec, and AVI format with Motion JPEG codec, while its 4th generation supports to play M4V, MOV and MP4 formats with H.264 codec and MPEG-4 codec and also the HEVC SDR video, but not the AVI Motion JPEG video.
- Samsung TV: It will become more complicated when talking about Samsung TVs, since Samsung TV has developed so many models. Generally speaking, all Samsung TVs support to play AVI, MKV, MP4, 3GP, WMV, MTS, FILV, etc, but some container formats only support to play certain codecs and resolutions and some video formats are not supported by some Samsung TV models. For example, H.264 BP/MP/HP and HEVC are only supported with 4096×2160 resolution and Motion JPEG is only with 3840×2160 resolution. RMVB format with RV8/9/10 (RV30/40) codec is claimed to be supported by most of Samsung QLED TVs, Samsung Premium UHD TVs and Samsung UHD TVs, but not by most of the Samsung Full HD TVs.
- Toshiba TV: Toshiba TV U76 SERIES support to play MPEG1/2, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, ASF, HEVC, VP8, VP9 files while Toshiba TV S36 SERIES and W15 / L15 SERIES only support to play MPEG1/2, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, ASF, but not the HEVC, VP8, VP9 files.
So from the above examples, we can conclude that the video formats supported by different TV brands or models may differ from each other, and you need to check for your TV manual to know what the exact video formats, codecs, and resolutions are supported by your TVs.
How to Play the Unsupported Video Formats on Your TV?
If a video failed to be played on your TV, it may be caused by the unsupported video formats, the unsupported codecs, or the unsupported resolutions. To solve the video incompatibility with your TV, you need a TV video format converter to convert the unsupported video format or codec or resolution to your TV supported ones.
TV Video Format Converter- Avdshare Video Converter
- Avdshare Video Converter is just the professional TV video format converter you will need.
- Avdshare Video Converter can convert any unsupported video format to any TV brand and model supported video formats and the supported TV brands include but not limit to Apple TV, Samsung TV, Toshiba TV, LG TV, Philip TV, Sony TV, etc.
- Avdshare Video Converter can also support to adjust the video resolution if your video resolution is not supported by your TV.
Guide on How to Convert video to TV supported format.
The following will take converting the unsupported video formats to Apple TV as the example and the guide also applies to convert any unsupported video format to any other TV supported video formats.
Make Preparation: Free download TV Format Video Converter
Step 1 Upload FLV file
Click the "Add file" button to import the FLV file to this TV Format Video Converter. Drag and drop the unsupported FLV to this TV Format Video Converter also works.
Step 2 Targeted output format setting
Choose MOV H.264 as your output format by clicking "Profile" button > "General Video" category.
Step 3 Start the conversion
Click the "Convert" button to complete the unsupported FLV to Apple TV supported MOV H.264 format conversion.