How to Import AVI to iMovie for Edit?
AVI to iMovie Converter - Convert AVI to iMovie MP4, MOV, DV
More and more people would like to use iMovie to edit their videos, but somehow they always have trouble in importing AVI file to iMovie for editing. Why? How to fix this? The following article will give the answers one by one.
Why Can not Import AVI to iMovie?
iMovie can support to import video files directly from camcorders but the video format directly from camcorders must be AVCHD format. Besides iMovie can also support to import video files from your computer or some hard disk from which the video files must be in MPEG-4, standard DV and some MOV file formats. So it is easy to conclude that iMovie can not support to import AVI file.
How to Successfully Import AVI to iMovie?
To successfully import AVI to iMovie you need to convert AVI to iMovie supported video format, like MPEG-4. To convert AVI to iMovie supported MPEG-4 a powerful AVI to iMovie converter - Avdshare Video Converter is recommended to you.
Brief Introduction of Avdshare Video Converter
Convert AVI from camcorders, from mobile phones, from internet, from any source and with any compressed codecs to iMovie supported MPEG-4. Besides this multifunctional AVI to iMovie converter can also convert other unsupported video formats, like WMV, FLV, ASF, MKV, WTV, TS, MPG, RMVB, F4V, VOB, etc to iMovie supported video format.
With Avdshare Video Converter, you can easily get the following issues solved:
- Does anyone have a easy way of importing AVI to iMovie for editing? I have got lots of AVI files and want to import to iMovie for editing. Anyone has any suggestions?
- How to successfully convert AVI to iMovie supported video formats on Mac?
- I want to edit AVI on iMovie since I do not have any other video editing software, but when I try to import AVI to iMovie I failed. Why? Can I fix this?
- I have downloaded some AVI movie from internet and plan to import it to iMovie for some editing, but apparently iMovie does not support AVI, so how to upload AVI to iMovie? If I need to convert the AVI to iMovie supported video format what software can I use to make it?
- I am using iMovie 11. When I import AVI into iMovie for editing, it gives no respond. Who can tell me what is the problem and how to solve it?
Convert AVI to iMovie MPEG-4 Guide
You can follow the step by step guide below to convert AVI, WMV, FLV, ASF, MKV, WTV, TS, MPG, RMVB, F4V, VOB, etc to iMovie supported MPEG-4.
Make Preparation: Free download AVI to iMovie Converter
Step 1 Import AVI video
Click "Add file" button to add AVI video(s) to Avdshare Video Converter. Drag and drop function and batch conversion function are supported.
Step 2 Select iMovie MPEG-4 as the exporting format
Click "Profile" button to set iMovie MPEG-4 format from the "General Video" category as the exporting format.
Step 3 Convert AVI to iMovie
Click "Convert" button to complete the converting AVI to iMovie. After the conversion you can successfully import the converted MPEG-4 to iMovie for editing.