AVCHD to HandBrake Converter for Windows and Mac
How to Convert AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) to MP4 or MKV with HandBrake?
HandBrake is a free and open-source video transcoder which supports to convert a variety of video formats to MP4 or MKV format for free. HandBrake supports to convert various video formats made from phones, tablets, many video cameras, game recordings, video editing programs and DSLRs in video formats, like MP4, M4V, MOV, MPG, AVI, AVCHD, FLV, WEBM, etc. However, I need to remind users that HandBrake supports so many video formats, but not every video file in this video format is supported. For example, HandBrake supports to convert AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) format to MP4 or MKV, but AVCHD and AVCHD Lite playlists are not fully supported. Worse still, many users have encountered failure when using HandBrake to convert individual files or streams. Let's see one failure example I collected from HandBrake forums as below.
I have got one AVCHD MTS file from my Canon camcorder, but when I import the recorded MTS file to HandBrake for editing, the MP4 output file has no audio. Why this happen? Is there an easy solution to my problem?
Well, we can not tell the exact reason for the failure without knowing more about your computer CPU, your HandBrake version, your operation when importing AVCHD to HandBrake, etc, but we can give a solution to your problem and actually it is a universal solution to all AVCHD and HandBrake failures.
AVCHD to HandBrake Converter - Avdshare Video Converter
- Avdshare Video Converter is just the universal solution, the powerful AVCHD to HandBrake converter, with which users can solve any AVCHD no sound after converting in HandBrake or
other AVCHD and HandBrake incompatibility issues by converting the difficultly-handled AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) to HandBrake more supported video formats, such as AVI, after which users can easily import the converted MP4 to HandBrake for editing.
- Except for solving AVCHD and HandBrake incompatibility issue, actually this Avdshare Video Converter is also a better HandBrake alternative which can easily help to convert literally any video format to another one for users need.
- Avdshare Video Converter can help to convert AVCHD to MP4, AVI, FLV, MOV, WTV, WTV, etc for compatibly playing the AVCHD file on iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android, etc or uploading the AVCHD file to YouTube or to another video website.
- Avdshare Video Converter can convert MP4, AVI, MOV, FLV, MKV, WMV, WTV, AVCHD, F4V, M4V,
3GP, etc to another video format without any quality loss.
- Besides, Avdshare Video Converter supports to any unaccepted video format for any video
device, media player or video editing program.
Guide on Converting AVCHD to HandBrake Supported AVI
Any AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) file can be easily converted to HandBrake supported MP4 as per the
guide below. The following guide also helps to convert between any two video formats.
Make Preparation: Free download AVCHD to HandBrake Converter and HandBrake Alternative
Free download the professionalAVCHD to HandBrake Converter and HandBrake Alternative - Avdshare Video Converter (for Windows, for Mac), install and then launch it, the following interface will pop up.
Step 1 Upload AVCHD file
Click the"Add file" button to allow AVCHD file import to this AVCHD to HandBrake converter. If you have many AVCHD files waiting to be converted to HandBrake supported video formats, you can batch covert all of them at once.
Step 2 Targeted output format setting
Click the "Profile" button >"General Video" category to choose AVI as the output format.
Step 3 Start the conversion
The conversion process can be easily done with users clicking the Convert button.