Add Subtitle to MKV
How to Add Subtitle to MKV on Mac and Windows?
Add Subtitles like SRT, ASS, SUB, SSA, IDX to MKV Video
Download many MKV movies and SRT subtitles but do not know how to add these SRT subtitles to MKV? This article will share the method to add subtitles including SRT, ASS, SUB, SSA, IDX to MKV with the assistance of Avdshare Video Converter.
Brief Introduction of Avdshare Video Converter
- Add subtitles, like SRT, ASS, SUB, SSA, IDX to MKV for playing on various MKV devices.
- Besides adding subtitles to MKV, it also helps to add subtitles to any other popular movie file, such as add subtitles to AVI, add subtitles to MP4, add subtitles to MOV, add subtitles to FLV, add subtitles to MPEG-1, add subtitles to MPEG-2, add subtitles to VOB, etc.
- Convert MKV to any popular video format or convert other video formats to MKV efficiently.
- Remove subtitles from MKV and other popular video formats, like MP4, MOV, AVI, etc.
- Extract subtitles from MKV or extract subtitles from other video files.
- Edit MKV and other video formats to customize your own video file.
- Extract audios like MP3, FLAC, WAV, etc from MKV or other video formats.
Add Subtitle to MKV Step by Step Guide
The following step by step guide on adding subtitles to MKV will be listed below for your reference.
Make Preparation: Free download Avdshare Video Converter
Step 1 Import MKV
Click the "Add file" button to add MKV to Avdshare Video Converter
Step 2 Add subtitles
Click "Effect" button and open the "Video Edit" window and then choose subtitle tab from where you can add subtitles and adjust font, color, size, style, etc of subtitles. Finally, click "OK" button to finish all the settings.
Step 3 Final exporting format setting
Click the "Profile" drop-down button to choose MKV or HD MKV from "General Video" category or from "HD video" category.
Step 4 Complete adding subtitles to MKV
Click the "Convert" button to complete adding subtitles to MKV.
If you can not find the proper subtitles, open Opensubtitles.org or moviesubtitles.org where you will find your interested subtitles or movies and then add these subtitles to your MKV movie with Avdshare Video Converter. In this way you will enjoy almost all MKV movies from any country or any language easily. Besides you will not be troubled by issues like "How to add ASS or SRT subtitles to MKV file?", "Who knows a better program which can help to add SUB subtitles to my MKV file?", "I am in urgent need to add subtitles to MKV file, who can help", etc.